210 carburetor

so i got a call from my uncle that drives the 210 and he says the carb has gone bad on the it and the idle speed had to be turned all the way up to keep the thing running :(

please if anyone can help me i need a new carburetor for it!!!

i don't want to lose another datsun!!! :(

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i got a call from my uncle that drives the 210 and he says the carb has gone bad on the it and the idle speed had to be turned all the way up to keep the thing running :(

please if anyone can help me i need a new carburetor for it!!!

i don't want to lose another datsun!!! :(

How about a Weber dual throat downdraft. I put one on my 210; it made a huge difference. I would give you the old one, but it's shot!

How about a Weber dual throat downdraft. I put one on my 210; it made a huge difference. I would give you the old one, but it's shot!

yeah i would love to get a webber but money is super tight right now :hmm:

Most likely he doesn't need a new carb. Whenever there are running problems, people simply turn up the idle What's needed is to fix the real problem. It could be as simple as a loose connection for the idle-cut solenoid.

Don't get another carb. Save yourself some bucks, and figure out what is wrong.

Most likely he doesn't need a new carb. Whenever there are running problems, people simply turn up the idle What's needed is to fix the real problem. It could be as simple as a loose connection for the idle-cut solenoid.

yeah thats what i thought too but the mechanic said all the seals in the carb are pretty much shot

Not entirely sure on the choke pieces. It's an electric choke that just needs to be set up and needs a new cap, or you can convert it to manual choke :P

Money order is fine. I'll get a shipping quote asap.

cool!, thank you :cool:

X2!

Make sure the problem is the carb before buying. I don't wanna sell you something you don't need. You may just want to rebuild it. You can generally get kits for around $30.

If you do decide that the carb is bad and needs to be replaced, PM me and we can go from there. cool.gif

Edited by metalmonkey47

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.