VK45DE 4.5 liter V-8 brand new in Nissan Box

Whats up guys, I just stumbled upon a Brand New VK45DE 4.5 liter V8 (for those of you that are'nt familiar with the engine code). Anyhow, these are the engines used on the GTR and 350Z race cars and they're supposed to be phenomenal engines. I thought I'd offer it up to my Datsun bretheren at a discount but its up for sale on ebay for more. The engine was dropped and has a (easily repairable) hairline crack at the starter location, and the very left side timing cover bolt hole is smashed and needs to be repaired. The engine is very functional however and this can easily be repaired without any effect on the engine performance.

I will sell it to anyone on this forum for $850. Again, this is a brand new loaded short block still in the nissan box

It is located in Santa Clarita, So. Cal. (near Magic Mountain)

Heres the technical info on the engine.

The VK45DE is used by Nismo for Super GT races with the Nissan GTR instead of using the GT-R's VR38DETT twin-turbo V6 engine.[/url] The VK45DE was previously used in Nissan's 350Z Super GT car, replacing the previous VQ used in that car in 2007. In race trim, the Super GT VK45DE produces 490 hp and 380 ft·lbf of torque. The engine idles at around 3500 RPM and is restricted to the above specified power output. Without such restrictions, the engine is reputedly capable of producing nearly 790 hp Nismo reasons that by using the engine, they eliminate turbo-lag, save weight and generally prefer the torque curve of the atmospheric V8. This engine is used in the following vehicles:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hey I just joined here because I saw this sale on Google. Here's what I'm hoping, do you still have this for sale? I have a buyer for it and would love to know if it is still here. PLEASE PM, email me or respond, I'd really appreciate it. Sorry if this is a troll status, I don't mean to be. Just a little desperate to know if you still have this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.