HELP!!!

69FJWagon

HELP guys!

I know someone here can help me out I really try usally to figure stuff out but I am stumped I drove the kc friday after work and when I left the house I had no issues and within 3 miles of my house I notice my charge light is on and I have no gauges my fuel says E and I know its full it read so when I left my house as well as my temp gauge is reading cold, I stopped off at Lisas friends shop and grab the tester 14.3 volts so the alt. is working and the battery is good I found a blown fuse but it didnt change anything I was thinking a loose or bad ground but cant seem to find anything...

Any ideas where to look or what to look for???

Thanks in advance

Clayton

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude.....you know you can call me with electrical probs :)

possibly the volt reg on the back of the instrument cluster. Not sure if that will cause the charge light. I'd have to look up the schematic. Maybe someone's got a better idea off the top of their head.

Looking at the '76 schemat....the charge light only goes to the external volt regulator. The light comes on when there's no juice from the alt....you may just have a bad connection in the plug at the regulator or behind the instrument cluster. The other power to the gauges is from pin 8 on the back of the cluster...it comes from the blue/black wire on the 10a fuse on the ignition side of the fuse block. That fuse also feeds the hazard lights and a couple of other things I've already forgotten in the 30 seconds it took me to get back on the forum and type this :( LOL. Anyway....the little volt reg on the back of the cluster may have a prob. One of the other items on that line may have caused the fuse to blow. You may want to do some poking around behind the gauges with a test light :)

FIXED thanks to my buddy Mike him and I tackled it this afternoon turned out to be a few issues a bad connection and a badly corroded connector and the fuse was corroded also so one by one the issue got fixed

Thanks guys for pointing me in the direction :cool: :)

Clayton

• 1 month later...

FIXED thanks to my buddy Mike him and I tackled it this afternoon turned out to be a few issues a bad connection and a badly corroded connector and the fuse was corroded also so one by one the issue got fixed

Thanks guys for pointing me in the direction :cool: :)

Clayton

Hey, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly did you do? Because I've been having this same exact problem lately and it's only been getting worse, any help would be vastly appreciated...