hate it if you want, project freebie

freb_mc

so some of you will hate me, others envy, i dunno, i wanted to post this for fun, its being built in my spare time, into a ratsun, nothing fancy, just a driver for fun, and oh yeah, pretty much free. this isn't my first datsun and will most deffinately not be the last. my previous one was a 74 260z, with schnieder cam, clifford 4 barrel intake and holley carb, and pacesetter header, i didn't car for the paint and body work, but it ran amazing. here it is:

datsun1.jpg

datsun3.jpg

datsun12.jpg

datsun7.jpg

it was fun to torture mustangs around here with it, but i sold it to fund my chevelle project, kind miss it alot tho, but on to the matter at hand! a few weeks ago my friend calls me up and asked me if i still liked datsuns, i said hell ya! so he tells me he wants to get rid of his 77 280z that has been just sitting for years, asked if i wanted it, i said sure but i didn't have much money, so he said just get it outta here and its yours. so we loaded it up on a trailer and brought it home, the injectors are shot, but i swapped them out with a set from an 86 300zx we had laying around, that were brand new. and hooked up a fuel pump, and fired it up! it ran! on 10 year old gas, it ran! and quite well too. all the guages work! the dash is flawless, the seats.. so so. and the floor pans are great! the only bad thing is the air dam was accidently ran over by his tractor a few years ago, thats the only thing i don't have,

my plans are this: new paint, either satin silver or o.d. green, with black bre style stipes new tires with a mild stretch, on the old weld wheels, i want them either polished or bronze powder coated, depending on the color of the body, and drop it on coil overs. wire tuck under the hood, new exhaust, and cold air intake system, and a new aluminum radiator, over all she doesn't need much and i wanted to start this thread so i could get some motivational critics to tell me to keep going, also have a a set of racing seats to drop in it, all these parts i already have and the car was free, all i need to do is get off my ass and do it. so let me know what you all think:

280zproject3.jpg

280zproject1.jpg

sorry i don't have pictures of the other side, i parked it too close to the chevelle to get a good shot but its just as clean

280zproject2.jpg

rat nest of wires!!! too messy

280zproject4.jpg

and look at that dash, you can't hardly buy one that clean! and original, in a free car??? sweetness

any way that is my project for a little while. i am also working a hydrogen cell in my 63 bel air, and separating body and frame on the 66 chevelle for its winter work over. the 63 bel air is my daily driver and now getting almost 42 mpg. its a 327 with close to 400hp. if you all want to see it i can throw up some pics of my other projects, but i figured the chevy's might not be welcome around here. lol :cool:

also its a new camera, sorry, it will take me a bit to figure out why the damn thing keeps loading pictures so small

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

official testing begins tomorrow, preliminary estimates appear to be almost 40-42 mpgs right now. i'll get some pics of it in the light tomorrow. its a 4 dr cruiser lowered 4 inchs, with a built 327 bored 030 over flat top pistons, high rise intake, and a demon 750 carb. fun for the whole family with 4 doors, lol just sold a 63 impala, my dad gave me his belair so its staying in the family and getting the treatment.

so some of you will hate me, others envy, i dunno, i wanted to post this for fun, its being built in my spare time, into a ratsun, nothing fancy, just a driver for fun, and oh yeah, pretty much free. this isn't my first datsun and will most deffinately not be the last. my previous one was a 74 260z, with schnieder cam, clifford 4 barrel intake and holley carb, and pacesetter header, i didn't car for the paint and body work, but it ran amazing. here it is:

datsun1.jpg

datsun3.jpg

datsun12.jpg

datsun7.jpg

it was fun to torture mustangs around here with it, but i sold it to fund my chevelle project, kind miss it alot tho, but on to the matter at hand! a few weeks ago my friend calls me up and asked me if i still liked datsuns, i said hell ya! so he tells me he wants to get rid of his 77 280z that has been just sitting for years, asked if i wanted it, i said sure but i didn't have much money, so he said just get it outta here and its yours. so we loaded it up on a trailer and brought it home, the injectors are shot, but i swapped them out with a set from an 86 300zx we had laying around, that were brand new. and hooked up a fuel pump, and fired it up! it ran! on 10 year old gas, it ran! and quite well too. all the guages work! the dash is flawless, the seats.. so so. and the floor pans are great! the only bad thing is the air dam was accidently ran over by his tractor a few years ago, thats the only thing i don't have,

my plans are this: new paint, either satin silver or o.d. green, with black bre style stipes new tires with a mild stretch, on the old weld wheels, i want them either polished or bronze powder coated, depending on the color of the body, and drop it on coil overs. wire tuck under the hood, new exhaust, and cold air intake system, and a new aluminum radiator, over all she doesn't need much and i wanted to start this thread so i could get some motivational critics to tell me to keep going, also have a a set of racing seats to drop in it, all these parts i already have and the car was free, all i need to do is get off my ass and do it. so let me know what you all think:

280zproject3.jpg

280zproject1.jpg

sorry i don't have pictures of the other side, i parked it too close to the chevelle to get a good shot but its just as clean

280zproject2.jpg

rat nest of wires!!! too messy

280zproject4.jpg

and look at that dash, you can't hardly buy one that clean! and original, in a free car??? sweetness

any way that is my project for a little while. i am also working a hydrogen cell in my 63 bel air, and separating body and frame on the 66 chevelle for its winter work over. the 63 bel air is my daily driver and now getting almost 42 mpg. its a 327 with close to 400hp. if you all want to see it i can throw up some pics of my other projects, but i figured the chevy's might not be welcome around here. lol :cool:

also its a new camera, sorry, it will take me a bit to figure out why the damn thing keeps loading pictures so small

I love free, my wagon was free and all the peices seem to be falling into my lap, so far......It is meant to be again....That's all I can say....;)

I sold my last one 15 years ago or so.........And a new one found me...also

took a while to get back on here. my internet is iffy at best with bad weather. but here are some pics of my daily and other projects, i get some pics of the datsun soon as i can get back out the got it stripped and it is a clean chassis. any way here they are, hope you enjoy.

here is the belair(gold with white top) and the impala(dark brown)

belair4.jpg

belair3.jpg

belair2.jpg

belair.jpg

belair5.jpg

and here is my baby the day i brought it home, she is completely stripped now and awaiting new floor and trunk pans

picsandstuff178.jpg

picsandstuff179.jpg

i know, i know, "damn chevy kid!"

dang.. didn't realize my shop was so messy then, had 9 cars in there then so.. what ever..

Edited by freb_mc

I love free, my wagon was free and all the peices seem to be falling into my lap, so far......It is meant to be again....That's all I can say....;)

I sold my last one 15 years ago or so.........And a new one found me...also

dang, wish i had a free 510 wagon, even just a 510 of any sort. trade you a 280z? :D

haha, yeah it actually was but you don't know the kind of white trash special mustangs around here. i have seen very few that are what people talked them up to be. there are a few i wouldn't mess with but usually if the high school kids driving those things pulled up next to me and tried to race they weren't worth my time. we're talking kids dumb enough to think that just cause it was mustang it was fast.

and that hydrogen cell is working its not making the numbers i originally hoped, right out of the gate it pulled almost 42 mpg on a 120 mile round trip then suddenly dropped to about 26?!?! strange, but supposedly it has to have a break in period of about 10 hours?!?! idk why but i got the kit from a company called Triton Electrolysis. its ok and i really went with it because it was cheap and came with everything needed to assemble it about $100. and my friend has one on a suburban already, he gets average 30mpg out of a 350 with 4x4. i am going to either alter the kit i have and make it work how i want it, seems a bit over complicated, or build my own out the parts, i am taking pics of everything so when i have it fully operational i will post a thread in the "other" section on here

• 4 weeks later...