H5's.......1970 Wagon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fatty sway bar finally installed...WOW what a difference.

IMAG6135.jpg

Brackets painted and installed with some grease to keep it quiet.....Bump spacers also.

IMAG6133.jpg

Measured brackets to plates....ended up being a little off...grrr well I just cut in half and flipped them around to work for now.

Drilling up from the bottom of the car I think my bolt holes were angled slightly messing up my previous measurements.

9ef18bd1-5ac7-4c7c-8563-1bc04855a5b5.jpg

I have more flat stock to re-do the plates another day... :geek:

IMAG6139.jpg

Oh yes...nigh and day difference....can't believe I slacked off on this for so long. :poke:  Just being a daily I get lazy....work is only 4 miles away. Some fun corners if the lights are right. These last few mornings have been fun...moist streets.

Talking about handling....I was tire shopping the other day and saw these Yokohama s.drive tires......'High Inch' narrow width tires are ideal for slender wheels housings. They say.http://www2.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&typ=R-129208&cart_id=24194342.135.22609&Cookie=&ranzahl=4&Breite=195&Herst=&Quer=50&Felge=15&Load=&S_Z=&Speed=&weiter=0&last_sort=&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&sort_by=&gesanzeige=&rf=&Transport=P&tyre_for=&F_F=&dsco=135&sowigan=&RunFlat=&m_s=&profil=&Achse=&LoadRange=&s_p=&x_tyre_for=&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW

They seem to have good prices also.

I have 205/50/15 S drives on my wagon. 

I have really found them impressive, good price, and they have been solid from a handling perspective, even at the autocross when I'm really digging into corners. 

I'd vouch for them, had them on for about 5k miles and they still look pretty damn good even with about a degree to a degree and a half of negative camber in the front. Plus on the wagon you can just rotate them if the camber starts to wear too much, no camber in the rear. 

• Like 1

They are 15x7 +25 with a 1/4 inch spacer

I'm still using stock 510 struts up front with coilovers. I have just put a set of ZX struts in the shop to get fabbed up for coilovers and those will be going on soon (no later than a couple weeks I hope) and I'll have a post on my build about them and weather the current wheels still fit. I'm pretty sure they will, might need a slightly  bigger spacer, but I don't think the ZX struts really move them that much. 

I've heard 3/4" but not sure if that's each side or all together. In my case I hope each side to bring in my wheels a bit.

I have coil-overs but need top hats....will probably do all that when I do ZX stuff and camber plates as well. For now my brakes are pretty good....Brembo front rotors handle the heat much better than stock. B)