i should never own a datsun

seriously, i cant drive one for 5min without some shit happening.

and somehow its all ]2edeye's fault :P

so a few years back i borrowed his truck to go get some speakers + equipment for a party. drove around fine all night, even kept my head so i could drive home. but for somehow i managed to tag a fence dropping of the stuff later that night, put a nice dent ill never hear the end about in his fender, which he's already replaced but i STILL hear about it.

now fast forward to last friday.

while doing laundry i found $40 in some pants i was gonna throw away, kept em cuz $40 buys a lot of freedom. put the money in my wallet and set it down. ]2edeye had brought his current 620 down to pick up the vectors i got tires for (those on yet F'er?). so i went outside and opened the wagon so he could get the tires.

we're standing around BS'n while cops were buzzing around like flys on...

didnt pay much attention to them, there was a game about to start at safeco so its normal to have a heavy presence.

but then that dirty hippie threw the keys at me and said take it for a spin ( 620+ ka swap, yes please). so i hop in and start it, pull it out on to the street behind another car and proceed to putt down the street. only blipped the throttle a teeny bit in first to get some feel for it.

i dont get 200yds down the street before a SPD car pulls onto the street, goes flyin past ]2edeye standing there and hits his lights as he comes up on my ass.

i pull over put keys on dash, hands on wheel.

5min later they walk up...

"do you know why i pulled you over?"

no sir, this isnt my car and ive driven it about 200yds. the owner, that long haired hippy looking guy walkin towards us owns the truck. why did you pull me over?

"there are no tabs on the vehicle"

is it not registered as a collectors vehicle and running the single plate in back?

"no"

oh ya, he got period plates licened as collectors plates so they are the old skool white and green reflective plates, right?

he got a deer in headlights look and didnt answer, but asked for my license, insurance and registration.

so i went for my wallet, im actually quite friendly with the local beat precinct. but no, im a dumbass and my wallet is sitting in my apartment with a extra $40 in it.

i told him so, said my place was 200yds back up the road and he could follow me there and up to my front door while i grabbed it to save him time.

then i rattled off my licence number, address, the plate number of the 3 cars i had parked up the street, my blood type, white blood cell count, and the last time i drank a beer.

about this time ]2edeye comes walking up with a look on his face like he wants to start screaming at the cops. he talks to them, explains how the plates work to them. but then they tell him i forgot my licence at home.

they come back to me after telling him to cross the street and stay in their line of sight. once again i tell em, i live right down the street and my license is there with a broadform insurance card in my wallet.

"that wont be necessary, we just need some more info from you to prove who you are"

so i proceeded to provide them with crayon rubbings of my tat's, a hair follicle sample, shoe size and facebook accnt.

they go back to their car, wich is idling running the A/C with both doors open on tax payer gas. 30min go by while im sitting in a datsun in 85 degree weather with no water and im kinda hung over. then they come up and say...

"sorry our computer crashed, we're going to have to call in your details to dispatch and have them look it up"

another 15min goes by and they finally come back with a written warning for driving without proof of a drivers licence.

picked up ]2edeye and drove back to my place.

didnt get to finish my test drive, but it was ok. got to sit in it for a while, read the whole 620 owners manual. im gonna borrow it down the road and see if maybe i can get on the news for leaking oil or something, 3rd times a charm right?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cop "It has to have a sticker"

Me "No it doesn't, it has vintage plates"

Cop :blink:

Still laughin buddy :lol:

Gotta get center caps and lugs, then the turbines will get mounted up. Thanks for finding and mounting the tires. :cool:

and somehow its all ]2edeye's fault :P

BASTARD!!!

but i STILL hear about it.

BASTARD!!!

"do you know why i pulled you over?"

BASTARD!!!

the owner, that long haired hippy looking guy

BASTARD!!!

about this time ]2edeye comes walking up with a look on his face like he wants to start screaming

BASTARD!!!

so i proceeded to provide them with crayon rubbings of my tat's,

0ics!!!

picked up ]2edeye and drove back to my place.

BASTARD!!!

& thats how it happened

sounds like you own him $40