510 turn signals not working.

i know i know there are a ton of threads about turn signals, i searched the forum and still couldnt figure it out.

turn signals dont work but hazards work perfect, and every single light is good.

they worked prefect before.

but for some reason they have just stopped?

ive read up on the other threads of what could be the factors and none of them solved it

all fuses are good.

blinker and hazard switch (silver dome thing) are both brand new and working, because if i switch them the hazards still work but the turn signals dont.

i dont know why, ive jiggled all the wires and even rotated the fuses, still nothing!

i swear sometimes Daisy can be a total skank.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you have a bad flasher? You can hook up a small amperage fused wire to it and see if it is clicking.

Also, you can unplug the flasher and turn on your turn signal to see if you are getting 12VDC at the flasher, this would eliminate a bad turn signal switch.

Swap hazard and turn signal flashers to check if the problem move to the hazards. If it does the turn flasher unit is bad.

The hazard switch has to shut off fully to connect the signals back up. If the hazard isn't working properly the signals won't either. Just because it's new does not guarantee that it will work.

i had a 'bad' HL relay that once i resoldered the connections, my intermittant flasher problem went away.

blinker and hazard switch (silver dome thing) are both brand new and working, because if i switch them the hazards still work but the turn signals dont.

i dont know why, ive jiggled all the wires and even rotated the fuses, still nothing!

are they same part#?

1 needs a 'heavy duty' so use 2 of those ;)

the fuses can still have an intermittant failure, replace and see if that makes a diff.

all the fuses are good i went and bought new ones to replace the ones that were old and kinda rusty, and i sanded the contacts so they are nice and clean, and they still dont work. i am not getting 12volts to the flasher on either wire.

Now you have to measure voltage at the turn signal switch/lever. if it is before the output to the flasher then you are most likely having a contact problem in the switch itself.

Now you have to measure voltage at the turn signal switch/lever. if it is before the output to the flasher then you are most likely having a contact problem in the switch itself.

where do i measure it at the switch?? on the goldish contacts? if not pic of where to do it?

where do i measure it at the switch?? on the goldish contacts? if not pic of where to do it?

Yes, you are going to want to check the voltage and the input and output contacts. So find 12VDC at the input side (if you have it) then check it on the output side. If no voltage than maybe you can save the switch with a minor fix or a new switch.

• 3 weeks later...