620 clutch assemby in WA

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clutch discs, pressure plates and release bearings are high wear items just like brakes but infinitely harder to replace so you don't really want a used bearing, pressure plate or clutch disc on your truck even if free. Two weeks or two months from now it may give out or the bearing seize and you're back where you started. Best to buy a new clutch and pressure plate complete with new release bearing. Measure across the old disc or the wear pattern on the flywheel. If a 620 it's likely a 225mm size.

Clutch discs, pressure plates and release bearings are high wear items just like brakes but infinitely harder to replace so you don't really want a used bearing, pressure plate or clutch disc on your truck even if free. Two weeks or two months from now it may give out or the bearing seize and you're back where you started. Best to buy a new clutch and pressure plate complete with new release bearing. Measure across the old disc or the wear pattern on the flywheel. If a 620 it's likely a 225mm size.

Sorry mike, Let me clarify, I need to scrounge up a pedal assembly, and hydralics to convert the 75 auto I have in my driveway. The more I read, the less confident I am I can heal this auto tranny

My mistake on the clutch stuff.

What's wrong with the auto? There are a few things you can change and inspect and a brake band adjustment. Nothing too involved but way easier and cheaper than converting to an unknown standard.

My mistake on the clutch stuff.

What's wrong with the auto? There are a few things you can change and inspect and a brake band adjustment. Nothing too involved but way easier and cheaper than converting to an unknown standard.

The guy I bought it from said i was a working pull, and after he got it all together it didnt engage. it shifts. shortly after I recieved it I was moving out of my house, and its sat for 13 months. I have another trq converter.

planning on putting it up and looking at it from underneath next weekend. time to roll around on my back is limited.

I'm even wondering if the shifting linkage is correct and connected, it shifts easily. rolls in neutral, wont roll in gear.

The guy I bought it from said i was a working pull, and after he got it all together it didnt engage. it shifts. shortly after I recieved it I was moving out of my house, and its sat for 13 months. I have another trq converter.

planning on putting it up and looking at it from underneath next weekend. time to roll around on my back is limited.

I'm even wondering if the shifting linkage is correct and connected, it shifts easily. rolls in neutral, wont roll in gear.

rolls in neutal not in gear? This is with engine running? The previous owner had it apart???

Fuck those previous owners and their shit.

Hello i was just out today taking pictures of a 1976 620 regular cab to post on this web site.Got the truck because friends son said it was 5speed and he was sure it was disc brake truck,..nope...(granted not sure what trans is in it but doesn`t feel like 5speed) but i was commited to taking it once i got there.So now im waiting for county to issue A.V.R. then it`s off to the scrapper been asking everybody i see driving one of those if they need FREE parts,only one kid has showed up and took front end.Im keeping engine,tires,wheels and front driveline yolk but all tranny stuff is there pedals,master/slave cylinders,tubing and trans..FREE,FREE,FREEdatsun018.jpgdatsun021.jpgoh i have front loader and air.

Pull the boot off and look just in front of the shift lever on top of the tranny case. It will likely be a 4 spd. and have a small rectangular cover plate with 6 bolts holding it on. Like this:

CopyofF4W71Bfrom75620001LargeLarge.jpg

Pull the boot off and look just in front of the shift lever on top of the tranny case. It will likely be a 4 spd. and have a small rectangular cover plate with 6 bolts holding it on. Like this:

CopyofF4W71Bfrom75620001LargeLarge.jpg

This trans looks just like picture,like i say it didn`t feel like a 5-er. but once yer committed..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.