Possible 510 trade for my ser?

Ok guys, i got a trade offer from a guy for my 93 turbo se-r. I got mine up for 2800.

This one

datsun.jpg

Datsun 510 2 door, with ka single cam swap. Im thinking its a good deal for me. Heres the issues with it. And all this he said he would help me with. Needs wiring finished (he has all the wiring ready to go and marked out just not done yet) and fuel lines ran (which he said he has) And the tranny brackets welded into place (which im picking up a mig welder tommrow. Does need seats as well. What you guys think? My ser is nice, fast and fun, i jsut want something i really know how to work on, and i love 2 doors. Anyone know this car, any good or bad things to say about it or the person that owns it?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of "he said: in this post... I know we like to trust our fellow man, however, a contract may be in order unless you are prepared to get the parts and install it without the assistance of the PO.

^ Yah i forgot to ad that. I was thinking of putting in the bill of sale As long as running good, no issues, he helps blah blah blah in the bill of sale, and i keep the title until its done. Any breakage in these terms and i take back my car, and at the end if everything goes good, it runs and drives like he said it does, then he gets the title to my car. Forgot to add that.

Thats why i figured id work on it with him before anything is a done deal as well to make sure he doesnt cut any corners. Sad thing is the shell is worth more than my se-r :-/ Anyone know this car. Also my welder i was getting fell through anyone have any welding services they would be willing to offer up in the portland area if i got them some beer :)

OH i was wrong on the transmission. He sent me pics. Its the sheet metal where the hole was tha needs to be welded. Not the brackets. Everything is installed and ready to go. Just needs the fuel cell put in, lines ran, and wires put together. Thats it.

Hes got everything harness, fuel cell, new bushings for the engine, ecu, harness, fuel lines. Just missing interior including a seat. Im going over tommrow, and if im intersted im goign to put it together with him ( i trust my work more than others) put some money in the fuel cell in the passenger floor board and see if she turns over and sounds good. And if she moves well. If so im going to do it. If it sounds bad then he got osme free work out of me. ut i want to be sure its moving and shifint fine.

So i looked at her today...and

Beautiful :). The body was great, there is some bondo i can tell in the lower quarter panel, but alot of 510s rust there so meh. But no dents, great floorboards and trunk. Its only a few wires that need wiring, a bigger fuel line ran, and a external fuel pump for the fuel cell. All glass perefect, only issues is the bumpers are crappy, and theres a chip in the air dam. 15x8 0 offset wheels that look great on her, i look forward to a new project. I love b13 se-r's ive jsut realised im not as into turbo cars as i was before having one lol. Plus i love driving 510's.