Does anyone remember 1/4 shells?

makya

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Makya. Yes, I have one available. I was going to do the same thing with My fourdoor. So I spent way too many $$$$ and bought a mint brand new Pape sleeper shell. The only opening cut into it is on the front, where a boot would be. I was going to have an airbrush artist paint a "back window" on the smooth back. When You were behind the truck, it would look like it had a tinted window, but when You got up close, it would only be paint! Anyway, as You can see from My photos elsewhere, the stock Datsun fourdoor roof is much higher than the usual roofs, so I cannot use the shell. I can photograph it later. I looked everywhere for one and found this one in Flagstaff, Az at a shell dealer that was going out of business. I also have purchased a pair of side bubble windows off of a Chevy sleeper shell, but never have cut the holes yet. Let Me know if You're interested. It would look great on Your dually.

The Phoenix truckers would put side bubble windows and a rear "louvered" bubble window in them. The 4X4 guys all had them. Mark can show a photo of exactly the rear window that I'm talking about. We traded 2 years ago and it's in My collection. Bleach had a few 4X4 photos. Pape in El Cajon, Ca. made most of them. Papa is still in business. Mark might be able to get their info but be ready for 2007 prices instead of 1980 prices!!!!

Hi Makya,

The shell is 60" wide at the bottom, 15 1/2" high at the outside edge (where it would line up with Your side door driprails) and 19" high in the center. Other than the front window area, there are no holes drilled that I can see. February would be fine. I always come to Stockton every March which this year will be the 8th. I might come up a day or to early. I'll try later to photograph it for You but I'm off to work right now.