WTB: L Series El Dizzy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i had the one nuke gave me, ended up being for a a-engine :P . Then i thought i found another but it pulled a vanishing act. so now im looking again.

id rather not spend almost $100, so i can just wait till one pops up on the cheep.

I an not sure what it is that your looking for, but I have a parts truck that's a 77. tell me how to check it. if I do have one make me an offer.

a 77 would still have a points dizzy, im looking for a matchbox.

and yes im still looking for one, i was to slow on the one mike pointed out <_<

is this a L matchbox? IMG_5225.jpg

thought i would ask this time seeing that last time it ended up being for a A.

That sure looks like a matchbox to me (and I'm holding one of mine up beside the monitor). I can't tell if it is for L-series or A-series. L has a tang at the bottom of the drive shaft, while the A has the gear. Knock out the pin holding the drive tang/gear to the shaft and you can convert the dizzy from one app to the other. Possibly different advance curves too. If you still have the A series, that might work for you.

I might have a matchbox dizzy you can use, depending on how fussy you are. I found one in my stash with a slight amount of play in the upper bushing. I can put a dial indicator on it and find out how much play. Maybe someone will post and say any play is the Kiss of Death. I've seen them at Pull n Save with bushings so worn the star wheel was actually hitting the surrounding magnet thingy (can't think of the real name). Mine isn't nearly that bad, but I don't want to sell something that will give trouble. I'm thinking $50 plus postage from here in E WA.

Also, I've read most of the vacuum advance diaphragms are bad on these 30 year old dizzies. So a safe bet would be mine, or anyone's, might need a new diaphragm unit. Price check these, but I'm thinking they are $25-30. If you ever change one of these, the screw holding it to the breaker plate is special with a little tit on the end. Don't lose the screw.

Or, I can see what Pull n Save has for matchboxes, if I get there Saturday. I can look for a better one for you, but it might take weeks/months.

Len

thanks man, i got some im looking at but seeing that i dont get payed for a few weeks im not committing to anything yet.

That's fine. I'm always keeping an eye out for matchboxes at P&S. I've passed up a couple cause I have all I need. I'm going to start grabbing good ones I see, since someone is always needing one.

If you haven't read this: http://web.archive.org/web/20050312092651/home.att.net/~jason510/Dizzy_FAQ.htm I recommend it. Might help you if you are looking at a used one.

Len

SWEET!!!! i just won a matchbox dizzy on ebay for $16 :D .

i just hope my luck is better this time, every time i have got somthing off ebay its been a POS. :unsure:

Still may be looking for another one for jessis wagon if this one works, or maybe another one for me if this one is crap.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.