Metal dash?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a cool one!! Great price too. It's funny that that the sensor is more then the gauge.

haha noo the autometer electrical speedo gauge is $200, because there is no speedo cable, just 2 wires coming out of the tranny so the mechanical one wont work haha

Yeahhh lol I guess that's something I should consider with my engine swap as well. That's one thing I was thinking.

You have one of the AutoMeter mechanicals that you don't use right?

the one that is in the dash is not hooked up, but im gonna keep it there until i get my new speedo because i dont want a hole in my dash haha, i mean its basically brand new, its only got 129 miles on it, once i get my new one i will consider selling it if you are interested lol

Built an aluminum one for my 260Z to replace the stock 65+Lb unit.... weighed about ~3 pounds with thick .063" aluminum. Dash was covered in black felt as the bare aluminum was nearly blinding in sunlight.

o40657684.jpg

It sandwiched between the steering column and the bracket off the firewall. Also cut some tabs and bent them down to bolt to the firewall.

You can see those two tabs sticking up in the middle, they get bent down under the top surface of the dash and a bolt goes in that you can access from the top of the dash with a 10mm universal joint socket.

you can see the holes I used for mounting here:

harness%20removed.jpg

the two middle ones, then the two at the far outer bottom corner of the windshield.

Built an aluminum one for my 260Z to replace the stock 65+Lb unit.... weighed about ~3 pounds with thick .063" aluminum. Dash was covered in black felt as the bare aluminum was nearly blinding in sunlight.

o40657684.jpg

It sandwiched between the steering column and the bracket off the firewall. Also cut some tabs and bent them down to bolt to the firewall.

You can see those two tabs sticking up in the middle, they get bent down under the top surface of the dash and a bolt goes in that you can access from the top of the dash with a 10mm universal joint socket.

you can see the holes I used for mounting here:

harness%20removed.jpg

the two middle ones, then the two at the far outer bottom corner of the windshield.

This thread got away from me blink.gif

Looks good man. I like the angle you have on it. My dash is kind of flat, so I think I may need to go bend it back out a slight bit just to give me a better view where my gauges will be.