KA24de characteristics?

I've never driven anything w/ a ka24de, or even a ka24e for that matter... I see people like to put the ka24e's in 510s and 620s, but see few people doing the DE swap... Are they torquey like the single cam engine? Be ok for a 4x4?

The reason I ask is I just found 2 complete KA24de swaps locally on craigslist for only $650!!! I was thinking of picking them up, and selling one off to help pay for my swap! What do you guys think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The double cam is nice, I went with the single because its cheap and the truck ones are rear sump, I'm sure the truck dual cams are to... but they will cost more since they are newer :D 650 isn't bad for 2 runners, its actually a darn good deal if they are truly good runners! Nothin wrong with 2.4L in a 4x4 :D

I think that either one would be great in a 4x4, and yes they are torquie I had a single cam in my 510 wagon and it went pretty good for a stock 4 banger. I raced someone with a stock double cam and it pulled away from me with no problem.

Your lucky you didn't race my truck :lol:

Ad says one runs, the other needs a head gasket, and the guy has the gasket for it... They're both out of 240sx's though... Looks like I dont have the $$, so if anyone else is interested, here is the ad...

http://medford.craigslist.org/pts/509554655.html

If he's still got em next week after I get my christmas bonus, I might go pick them up.

I've driven a 510 with a KA24DE installed in it with a 4.38 LSD in it on a 510 Club cruise to the dyno for my buddy. It managed 139 hp at the rear wheels and was a hoot to drive on the Sea To Sky Highway. I could keep up with the pack for once! Didn't want to push it too hard, it wasn't mine after all....