J13 Gasket Set

boxboy

Wondering if there are an 520 guys out there who have found any good sources for gaskets. My engine seems to run like a champ, but there is oil coming out in high quantities. I don't want to tear down, just stop the flow a bit. i am assuming the pan and tappet covers are a good place to start. Replaced the valve cover already when I adjusted the rockers. I saw the "new datsun" website has a complete set, but it was a little steep. I have a complete "grinding" kit, so i just need the rest. Any links appreciated.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably going to need to search online or from mail order. Good luck. I know there are some gasket sets available, but not the easiest thing to find in the world. I know we don't have jack crap for the J13 at NAPA. I'd say mklotz probably knows of a few places, you might pm him or wait for him to find this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Kondog, please PM me if you have it for sale. Where did you get it? I have found a kit for a J15, but I am not sure what will fit and what won't. I may just order piece by piece out of that kit (forklift dealer) to see what fits and what doesn't. Or, I found a Mikata one in Singapore that is a complete set. Let me know what you have.

Anyone used the Singapore kit? Quality?

Kondog, please PM me if you have it for sale. Where did you get it? I have found a kit for a J15, but I am not sure what will fit and what won't. I may just order piece by piece out of that kit (forklift dealer) to see what fits and what doesn't. Or, I found a Mikata one in Singapore that is a complete set. Let me know what you have.

Anyone used the Singapore kit? Quality?

i got my kit with my truck and only used the valve gasket. but isee them here for $126

http://www.new-datsu...ckup-parts.html

my bad, I just re-read your post and saw that you already found the "new datsun" site.

Yeah, quite a disparity in price. The J15 kit I found I can get the set in its entirety for $50. Seems pretty cheap, but what will fit out of it and what won't I don't know. If anyone has tried it let me know please.

Yeah, quite a disparity in price. The J15 kit I found I can get the set in its entirety for $50. Seems pretty cheap, but what will fit out of it and what won't I don't know. If anyone has tried it let me know please.

Nissan dealers list J13 gasket sets for $86, and there is an eBay seller in Singapore that has them for $26 plus shipping

gila, not sure which "nissan" website you are talking about. The dealership said they are NLA. There are a few Nissan parts sights that say they have every part number from this truck available. I don't believe them. I have heard stories of guys waiting for months to get their money back after they find out the parts aren't there.

gila, not sure which "nissan" website you are talking about. The dealership said they are NLA. There are a few Nissan parts sights that say they have every part number from this truck available. I don't believe them. I have heard stories of guys waiting for months to get their money back after they find out the parts aren't there.

I called my local dealer and he said he could get them in a week...but I haven't actually tried, so the stories might be true. I'm tempted to try the cheap Singapore ones first.

The J15 is a larger bore, so the head gasket may not work.

I ordered the complete set from ebay seller taiaik (Singapore). I received the set promptly. I am not at the point of reassembling the motor, so I cannot attest to the quality of the set.

Keith

• 2 years later...

Where is it leaking? I have a few extra NOS J13 gaskets.

Keith

I posted some pics here-- http://community.ratsun.net/topic/28013-what-type-and-where-can-you-put-an-electronic-oil-pressure-relaysenor-on-engine/?p=911877

Looks like right around the corner bolt.  I think the gasket has given out (cork), and the hole areas may be dimpled (thin stamped steel tends to do that).  So, if I slap on a new gasket, and then use some spreaders (like Chevy uses on small block valve covers) to distribute the load on the pan flange, I think I can solve this problem that just popped up after a few runs down the highway.

Please PM me with details on what you have.  Thanks!