Credit Card Fraud

I just got a call today from Wells Fargo about a possible fraud charge on my account. I took a look online and noticed a small charge that seemed out of place. This is the description my online account gave me:

CHKCARDW HA BOULOGNILLFRFR

After calling my bank, they confirmed this charge as having no location and there were several other pending charges from the same name trying to come through. All of these are for small amounts, but would soon add up. If anyone has anything like this going on, let your bank know. I don't want anyone to be a part of this. My card has since been canceled and I hope they can pursue whoever is making these charges.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a call today from Wells Fargo about a possible fraud charge on my account. I took a look online and noticed a small charge that seemed out of place. This is the description my online account gave me:

CHKCARDW HA BOULOGNILLFRFR

After calling my bank, they confirmed this charge as having no location and there were several other pending charges from the same name trying to come through. All of these are for small amounts, but would soon add up. If anyone has anything like this going on, let your bank know. I don't want anyone to be a part of this. My card has since been canceled and I hope they can pursue whoever is making these charges.

That's the MO for credit card fraud. Clone your card, make a few small purchases to be sure the account is still active and then go on a spending spree at your expense. You made the right move in calling your bank.

• 5 months later...