What year 620 is this off of?

Gensaiken

I saw this at the canby show and wanted to find out what kind of 620 or other datsun the piece might be off of.

DSC09982.JPG

I'm looking at that whole piece that is attaching to the end of the intake manifold that has a brass plug where the EGR would normally be attached. This piece seems to be made of aluminum versus the later cast iron on the 78-79 620's with all the extra emissions junk attached.

I believe this truck in the picture is a 77. Do 77 or other 620's have this extra piece attached with a removable EGR that can be plugged up?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, that one is smaller than the one that I have on my 74.

When I saw you at Canby you said you had an early L16 mani too, I have been working on swapping the HG on the goon and I ended up running an early L16 mani that I hogged out the intake runners and the carb mounting area. I just matched them up with the gasket, scribed a line and cut out the material in the way. I did the same to the head. It looks pretty clean but Ive probably got a damn day in the manifold with fitting and grinding. I just used a 5 dollar hardened metal cutting bit from ACE hardware and my POS pawnshop black and decker hand drill.

The cool thing about it (and the reason I decided not to use the L20 mani) is that I was able to mix and match some spare parts and hook up that silver hose that connects the tube from the block to the PCV valve on the manifold.

dude, you dont need that ugly piece with a bunch of plugs, what you want is something that looks like it didnt come with egr period, something along the lines of this one i have on my truck

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif WTF??? How does this look better than any stock EGR set up??? As far as looks.... they ALL look like shit!