Looking for Datsun 510 Parts in Southern California

Hello all,

I am in Southern California for the weekend and I am looking for several Datsun 510 1968-1973 (2 door) parts. Let me know if you are in LA or Orange County and have some of these:

Bumpers (no dents - good chrome)

2 Door inside panels

Complete lock set (keyed the same)

Tachometer harness (1970 - 1973)

Rear suspension cross-member

Fender - front left

Trunk fuel tank cover

Performance parts?

Please contact Ramon at: seven one four 299 5379 or email

Thanks,

Ramon

Edited by D52E
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump to the top...

Thanks for the suggestions, datsunlandsocal has lots of weatherstrip stuff and datsunrestore has a lot of other good stuff. I tried to contact Troy but he did not respond (Apparently that is common for him).

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, unfortunately I may not be in Cali again untill about 3 weeks or so. Last time I was there i had a truck to drive back to Nashville and that is why I was looking for parts. Its nice to be able to buy stuff in person and save on shipping to Nashville.

Hopefully I can find ome more stuff next time I come out to Cali. I know that I am not going to find anything here for a Datsun in Nashville (Nissan North America Headquarters).

I may not be in Cali again untill about 3 weeks or so.

too bad. big swapmeet next weekend...

...Can't find Datsun stuff at NNA HQ... Kinda sad. Been there, done that. X-patriot.

you could when they were in the south bay... <_<

Yeah, the days of going to a dealer for Datsun parts are long gone for the most part and very few people are reproducing parts for our cars. It's so sad that we have to rely on NOS and used parts to keep our cars going. I imagine NNA parts group cant justify stocking parts for our cars in such small volume (cant make money). Also, most Datsun owners are thrifty so its real hard to get money invested in parts R&D or reproductions.

When i restored my 1965 mustang, I had no problems tracking down many reproduction parts. This Datsun 510 restoration is turning out to be much harder, a bit more expensive and the car is worth a fraction compared to the mustang. Of course, we don't do it for financial gain, it's all about the love of the hobby.

Recent dealer parts I found are still available for the 510:

Dome light

Trunk weatherstrip seal

"Datsun" emblems

2 Door Quarter window latches

Nismo adjustable cam sprocket (Nissan Motorsports)

Head bolts (280ZX Turbo engine bolts)

Still looking for more...

As an FYI, one of my last activities while at Nissan was the 240Z restoration project aside from my normal responsibilities. It was a good thought, but run by a bunch of bean counters rather then car lovers.

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

I am in Southern California for the next week and still looking for Datsun parts (Orange County and LA County)

Bumpers (no dents - good chrome)

2 Door inside panels

Complete lock set (keyed the same)

Tachometer harness (1970 - 1973)

Rear suspension cross-member

Fender - front left

Trunk fuel tank cover

Performance parts?

Please contact Ramon at: seven one four 299 5379 or email

Thanks,

Ramon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.