71 fivetwentyone ( 521 ) 4x4 build

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its relevant to my world. and my world is what counts so it is relevant

You are sure that all reality a do not matter? I think all realities have merit. They help your reality have relevance in today's exchange of knowledge. All realities have merit. Haha. And Cody you should just come help andrew finish his bed!

LOL   I'm not much of a 4x4 guy, but I actually just checked the that link.  Awesome welding on the bead locks!  I was hoping for a pic of how the tire mounted on it.  Maybe I'll go google it.

Just wanted to say that I'm loving all the tube work!!!  I went back through this thread and noticed the change you did to the steering ram mount.  Waaaaay nicer than the previous mount!  I love how you put the mount for the ram through the tube......very clean!! 

You probably mentioned it.......what's the dimensions on the tube you're using?  Dia and wall?

Keep it up!!!

the bead

LOL   I'm not much of a 4x4 guy, but I actually just checked the that link.  Awesome welding on the bead locks!  I was hoping for a pic of how the tire mounted on it.  Maybe I'll go google it.

Just wanted to say that I'm loving all the tube work!!!  I went back through this thread and noticed the change you did to the steering ram mount.  Waaaaay nicer than the previous mount!  I love how you put the mount for the ram through the tube......very clean!! 

You probably mentioned it.......what's the dimensions on the tube you're using?  Dia and wall?

Keep it up!!!

on the bead locks the inside of the bead sits on the piece i welded then another ring sits on the outside and bolts to it clamping the bead of the tire to the ring.

the axle is for my truck lol the link mounts i had on it prior decided to rip the axle housing apart so figured i would build a new one and andrew has a sweet new bender so we had some fun

• Like 1

when you go to move the tail corners, its actually really easy, they are just spot welded on. the first thing you do is take a flapper disc to the lip. when the spot welded it it created low spots on the panel which they covered up with bondo. thus leaveing very clear spots where the weld actually is.

2013-02-27_12-07-21_451.jpg

after you have located the spot welds, you should get a really nice 1/2" drill bit.

2013-02-27_12-07-40_815.jpg

i picked this one up at lowes for around 18 bucks, so they are not cheap, but this bits drill thur my notcher bottom plate which is over an inch think in less than a minute. and it didnt even look used, hence its price tag. I would start at the bottom and work up to the bed rail so you can use the tab as leverage if you are off just a touch. after you are done there is one little tab on the top which you have to break but its little and easy.

2013-02-27_12-07-01_253.jpg

i got more done, some of the bed bottom frame is done with some interesting notching which i have pictures of but not the actual finshed work so that will have to wait till later.