need trans part

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

66 520 i am looking for a trans. part its the cover that the throw out bearing rides on. can it be welded? if not can someone tell me what car or truck has the same trans.

The release bearing is pressed onto the release bearing collar and it is clipped to the clutch arm. Not understanding "its the cover that the throw out bearing rides on" maybe a picture of it will help. In '66 the clutch and clutch actuating mechanism changed.

BTW the 521 and early 620 and the 510 trannys are similar.

I've only got L series 510 4 speeds. '66 would be a U series engine/trans.

I think they are J13 motors in the 520s.

The release bearing is pressed onto the release bearing collar and it is clipped to the clutch arm. Not understanding "its the cover that the throw out bearing rides on" maybe a picture of it will help. In '66 the clutch and clutch actuating mechanism changed.

BTW the 521 and early 620 and the 510 trannys are similar.

I think they are J13 motors in the 520s.

i think hes referring to the bell housing

Ah. It's the cover plate. That is the older style used until Sept '66. If newer the 510/521/620 one may fit but this one has the clutch arm hinge on it.

I don't know much about getting it welded and it looks cast which is harder to do. I know how you broke it. laugh.gif Sorry I did the same thing on an FS5W71B..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.