6 members have voted

1. 1. solving the trans issue

• used auto (easiest option)
    • 5spd swap (not as easy or as cheap)
    • full SE-R drivetrain swap (YEAH RIGHT! unless its cheap!!!!)

this saturday, hopefully, i will be picking up my cousins old car. 92 Sentra E 4 door. this si the one i was looking for a transmission for but was never able to find a good automatic. talked to my aunt today and she said $100 and i could do with it as i please. part it, fix it, scrap it whatever.

as soon as i have it i will post up pics after cleaning it up. gonna try and save teh auto if i can but if not, then i will most likely be looking into a motor and trans swap. i was thinking about a full SE-R drivetrain swap but dont know how much that would be. might just go with a 5spd swap and call it good.but would love a better, lower mileage motor.

also does anyone knwo what wheels (stock cool Datsun\Nissan) would bolt on? swastikas, ZX 6 spokes, whatever?? steelies and hubcaps suck.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

picked it up today. i was wrong, it wasn't an E, its an XE..... i have pics if my POS computer will load my file transfer program for my phone. GA16DE 4spd auto, AC, cruise, tilt, power mirrors, and a decent stereo for being stock.

th_IMG00116-20100611-2020.jpg

th_IMG00115-20100611-2020.jpg

th_IMG00114-20100611-2020.jpg

th_IMG00113-20100611-2019.jpg

th_IMG00112-20100611-2019.jpg

th_IMG00111-20100611-2019.jpg

th_IMG00110-20100611-2019.jpg

talk to lynch he is the b13 man around here

will do. i am curious about the motor in his B13.

pretty sure they're 4x100, so anything that fits on a 510 wont fit on sentra

yeah my kid found that out. BUT that means that if the hub bore is right, i can use some of my VW stockpile. i have 4 brand new brickstones that i am gonna end up throwing on as all 4 tires are different sizes and ones a TRAILER tire....

picked it up today. i was wrong, it wasn't an E, its an XE..... i have pics if my POS computer will load my file transfer program for my phone. GA16DE 4spd auto, AC, cruise, tilt, power mirrors, and a decent stereo for being stock.

th_IMG00116-20100611-2020.jpg

th_IMG00115-20100611-2020.jpg

th_IMG00114-20100611-2020.jpg

th_IMG00113-20100611-2019.jpg

th_IMG00112-20100611-2019.jpg

th_IMG00111-20100611-2019.jpg

th_IMG00110-20100611-2019.jpg

will do. i am curious about the motor in his B13.

yeah my kid found that out. BUT that means that if the hub bore is right, i can use some of my VW stockpile. i have 4 brand new brickstones that i am gonna end up throwing on as all 4 tires are different sizes and ones a TRAILER tire....

very clean b13 i wouldnt mind owning one for a daily driver

lynch is running an sr20ve in his hooked up to the stock se-r 5 speed lynch is a good friend of mine i know these details :P

i have a set of konig theroies that would be perfect but one is fucked up if you can find a replacment ill send my 3 good ones up to you for cheap the best part is they weigh somthing like 10 lbs there 14s for what its worth

spent sunday morning dropping the trans pan and chanign the filter and ATF. still have to finish filling it but i had to head to work so that was not an option. HOPEFULLY i can get it to move under its own power tomorrow (monday) morning. if so then we'll see how long hte auto lasts and i can start sourcing out an SR and a 5spd swap. i REALLY would love an SR20VET but yeah right. i cant afford that on a pizza drivers wage.

oh i did clean it up friday night and saturday morning i looked it over.... 6 SMALL dents in teh whole car. 2 on the pass fender, one under the pass headlight, one on the drivers fender, one on the roof and one on the trunk. i will be vacing it out and cleaning it up more as well tomorrow.

anyone got a WORKING stock tape deck for one of these??? mine seems to not work real well.

trans is dead. its pissing ATF liek theres no tomorrow and 3rd gear is GONE! not happy but it gives me time to figure out what i can do with this thing. anyone got a 4spd auto, complete 5spd swap, or a complete SE-R swap they dont want or need for cheap????

it is an ungodly amount of time and money to swap a ga over to sr almost everything is different. from mounts, power steering, trans, axles, etc

plus you will still have drums in the back

hence why i would want to find a wrecked SE-r to play with. then i SHOULD have everything i would need. i also got to thinking keep the GA, and get another auto, and do a low-ish boost turbo. although it'll probably puke its guts, it would be fun....

well i found my trans leak. the drivers side axle seal is leaking. that might also explain why it wont shift into 3rd. not enough line pressure, due to the leak, and it wont shift right. so i will be ordering up the axle seals and new circlips tomorrow and hopefully i can save it.

i'll tell ya this though, even with 3rd gone, this little thing HAULS!!!!!!! i am PLEASED with it even though it has its issues. for what i paid for it, i think i got a steal.

oh and nissan is screwy on how they have their halfshaft removal procedures. remove teh right to pull the left..... how stupid is that.....

Picked up the new output seals yesterday. I hope they will solve my leak issues. I also took apart the center dash to see if I couldn't make the tape deck work. How the center vent is setup is dumb at best. A cable to actuade a flap lower in the dash tan at the vent???especially one you can't easily get off?? How stupid is that???? Well tomorrow is the day. I will be spending most of it under the car to hopefully fix it. We shall see though.

probs dont want a great deal of power with these :( gearboxes are made of glass

lightly boosted GA would be alright, around 200hp is where things get annoying with the 5speeds, autos are difficult to get right thanks to their size so generally cant deal with a lot more than factory

SR20VE or SR16VE frontcuts would be cool if they're cheap over there?

well, the dipshits at napa KNOWINGLY ordered me manual trans seals. the guy even said so. fuck napa. oriellys had em IN STOCK. the right ones. but after all that 3rd is truly dead. i can get it to engage at about 4000 rpm intermittently. time for a new trans. but i found i have some wheels that are cool that fit. a year or so ago i picked up 3 Enkie mesh that are badass on my sentra. i need to find another one. oh well, sometime soon i should have this thing going, but for now i cant. time to work on my kids car and hopefully ahve better luck with it.

it really isnt that hard to swap in the sr20....i have done several of them and we have even done one in a single night from running ga to running sr20!

you need the mounts the cross member, the tranny, axles,the motor, the ecu, the wiring harness(motor only), would suggest the nx2k radiator(its thicker), if you can find a wrecked se-r that is the best way...you also would want to get the front brakes/rotors/calipers and the rear set up along with the ebrake cable and m/c and booster

you could also do a five speed swap fairly easy. run a ser TB, header, exhaust and cams the ga is a peppy iil motor(no sr2o but still peppy)

the 5 spd swap could be done in an afternoon.....if you have all the parts.....

if you want to find the sr20 parts ....look over at sr20forums dot com .......

Well the trans is dead. 3rd is almost totally dead and 4th is on its way out. Time for a new trans. This sucks. I guess I will start looking for one and put some time into my kids car and use that till I can find a new trans.

• 1 month later...

pretty sure they're 4x100, so anything that fits on a 510 wont fit on sentra

I think Nissan has stuck with the 4x114.3 bolt dimensions. (114.3mm = 4.25") S13 rims fit on a B310, but you probably need long studs and a spacer to do it.

What kept me from putting 1995 Altima rims on my B310 was the offset. The holes lined up with my studs, but then the FWD wheels bumped into the struts on my RWD car.

I bet 510 wheels will fit a Sentra, even a B15, but the wheels will stick out farther due to the offset.

I think Nissan has stuck with the 4x114.3 bolt dimensions. (114.3mm = 4.25") S13 rims fit on a B310, but you probably need long studs and a spacer to do it.

What kept me from putting 1995 Altima rims on my B310 was the offset. The holes lined up with my studs, but then the FWD wheels bumped into the struts on my RWD car.

I bet 510 wheels will fit a Sentra, even a B15, but the wheels will stick out farther due to the offset.

mine are 4x100. i know the wheels that i have on it now came off an 87 jetta. 4x100. the SE-Rs came 4x114.3 though from what i have gathered and B15s are all 4x114.3 from the infor i have read.

mine are 4x100. i know the wheels that i have on it now came off an 87 jetta. 4x100. the SE-Rs came 4x114.3 though from what i have gathered and B15s are all 4x114.3 from the infor i have read.

So a B13, for example, would have a 4x100 pattern unless it's an SE-R?

well, the dipshits at napa KNOWINGLY ordered me manual trans seals. the guy even said so. fuck napa. oriellys had em IN STOCK. the right ones. but after all that 3rd is truly dead. i can get it to engage at about 4000 rpm intermittently. time for a new trans. but i found i have some wheels that are cool that fit. a year or so ago i picked up 3 Enkie mesh that are badass on my sentra. i need to find another one. oh well, sometime soon i should have this thing going, but for now i cant. time to work on my kids car and hopefully ahve better luck with it.

ALTHOUGH ,(like i tell my sons) you should get car going before buying fancy stuff,,,, I have one,maybe two 15" enkie mesh off a jetta post picture and measurements, back spacing,maybe a pic with measuring tape in pic.

ALTHOUGH ,(like i tell my sons) you should get car going before buying fancy stuff,,,, I have one,maybe two 15" enkie mesh off a jetta post picture and measurements, back spacing,maybe a pic with measuring tape in pic.

i would have kept hte 13s on it IF they were not 4 different sizes. all i need is one more 14 inch enkie 92 so i can have a matched set of rims.

as for measurements i ahvent had tinme ot look yet.

• 2 months later...

well i am still looking for a trans. i have flushed it again and still no joy. 3rd is GONE! this blows as i REALLY need to get this thing going so i can stop going through $20 in gas A DAY.... cant afford that anymore. if anyone has a wrecked B13 they want to part, auto or manual i dont care, LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!! but it must have the GA16DE.... from what i understand an SR has a different bell housing but i could be wrong...

hmmmm im a g20 guy, i have a 91 i got for track... has a highport sr20, and a manual tranny from a 2000 g20t, which has lsd and since its 00+ its "bulletproof" and doesnt get the 5th gear popout the older ones had. the car is basically a shell with the motor and tranny, and a short shifter. how much are you looking to spend? =p

those trannys are impossssible to find. and in this economy i cant imagine many people wanting to put out enough for me to sell... idk, i didnt plan on selling it at all, but plans always change =p