Fisch's new ride!

That's neat, how did you do the emblem on the grill? Custom made, shop done?

That was done by a good friend of mine. I own a machine shop. But I suck at stuff like that.

he made it for me for Xmas a couple years back.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fisch. I went over to ratrod bikes. Wow some really cool bikes over there. I might do an intro

over there. Makes me want to go start building another bike. But alas no time to goof off.

I can't wait to see what you do with the paint on your project.

Hey Fisch. I went over to ratrod bikes. Wow some really cool bikes over there. I might do an intro

over there. Makes me want to go start building another bike. But alas no time to goof off.

I can't wait to see what you do with the paint on your project.

Do it! Maybe a board tracker Datrod! Lotsa room to write Radio Flyer!

mannysbike.jpg

SableandArgent115.jpg

We shall see on paint on this thing. At the moment I am thinking about a colored bed liner paint, or wrinkle paint, something in red oxide, or olive drab, or tan. But in the end I might want to keep the paint pretty quiet with everything else this bike might have going on. Lights, speedo, etc.

I have been thinking about insetting gauges onto the copper panel. Maybe a volt meter. How rad would it be if I had a wheel generator and had it hooked up to a swing arm battery tester so the gauge would move as you pedaled! I also have a small amplifier I could put in it to plug a guitar in... but really I need to keep myself in check and get this rolling sooner than later or summer will be over.

What I need is a second bike so I can take my time on one of them! (And lets not forget about those Datsuns!)

And dudes are getting crazy putting engines in these bikes! I can see me headed this way. Heck even Whizzers are still being made!

IMG_0890_2.jpg

fix.jpg

1877d1218268344-49cc-16-stingray-dragster.jpg

Dude I gotta see more pics of that bike, pronto! Also, a Boston Terrier! Freakin love them. My next dog will be one, or a mix with one, like a Bug or a french-bo. More and more I notice how much cross over there is with folks around here. Like we are all drinking from the same cool-aid!

There is a thread around here with my guitars, but I will post a pic of the family!

MyGuitars.jpg

TRG-1ATOMICSmall.jpg

FischerTeiscoTulipSM.jpg

MyVictoriaSM.jpg

Damn I want to come play with this fam :D :o :lol: ;)

I'm gonna kick your ass Fisch. :lol: Now you have me all wound up to do a bike with a motor. Have you checked out hard knock bobber. A friend of mine has built a couple of them. Not a bicycle but pretty cool.

I'm gonna kick your ass Fisch. :lol: Now you have me all wound up to do a bike with a motor. Have you checked out hard knock bobber. A friend of mine has built a couple of them. Not a bicycle but pretty cool.

HA you gotta do it! With your freakin machining skills, I shiver at the thought of the awesomeness you'd create.

We could start a Ratsun Bike club. I wish Datsun had made a pedal bike. I've seen a toyota folding bike (Another cool genre!)

Hard rock bobbers are totally, totally cool. I wanted one pretty bad! But I am sensing a new thing with these mid century board track looking bikes, seems to be a new wave. Something so sweet about the skinny tires (By today's custom motorcycle standards.), white or brick red rubber. Loooong gas tanks. (Imagine the one you could fab to fit between the bars.) Low slung handlebars... yummy!

Don't even need a motorcycle license for many of them!

358901635_bYVTX-M.jpg

09TRSM.jpg

The Whizzers are cool (especially the old ones!), but a lot of folks just take the whizzer style tank and put it on any old bicycle frame. I dig that, but building a tank that goes with the flow of the bike always impresses me more, and you could do that easy!!!

whizzer.jpg

6.%20%20Whizzer%20frame%20with%20Honda%20GX31%20belt%20drive..JPG

Guest DatsuNoob

mvc347f_lg.jpg

What I really want to find is a cycle truck. They were industrial bikes used for deliveries with a massive basket on front and a huge space to hang a sign. Some dudes are removing the baskets and making them cool as hell!

hooliganbike023.jpg

cycletruck1.jpg

Fisch, at work, all the trikes the tooling guys ride around on are those exact same frames. They customize them with whatever scrap we got layin around, colored electrical tape, and a few personal items brought from home including a zombie head with safety glasses on a piece of wooden dowel riding shotty by one of it's riders. I looked at RRB a little bit last night, and have been thinking of nothing since, but PULSE JET BIKES :hyper: :hyper: I've decided I must do one!!!! What cooler way to die? :cool: :lol: Ebay kits are at $650 obo, with an availability of 10! Much cheaper than the TTR-110 I just bought, and probably more fun if I could build it to my specifics and find a good place to ride it. I just have to build a pulse jet bike!

Sounds like a plan Noob! Those dude at work have some sweet bikes to ride! There is a place that still makes them and they are like $500 new I think. I am more of a $35 bike and some imagination kinda guy though. There is a vintage cycletruck frame set on the bay right now, and I imagine it will go for some scratch already at $211 and missing tons of stuff! I need to find one that some old lady is using as garden art for $20!

Of course if it is a Schwinn it always fetches more than other stuff!

Ebay Cycletruck

I guess I need to start a new bike build for their contest. Still have 2 months left. I have so many projects to choose from.... my wife's picnic trike, a lowrider with girl's Goodyear Highway Patrol, the Whacky Schwinn or my Columbia board tracker. I still need to go get my chopper frame my friend was supposed to paint over a year ago, but that has major changes so it won't qualify. I still need cool forks for the Columbia and a basic springer for the trike.

I guess I need to start a new bike build for their contest. Still have 2 months left. I have so many projects to choose from.... my wife's picnic trike, a lowrider with girl's Goodyear Highway Patrol, the Whacky Schwinn or my Columbia board tracker. I still need to go get my chopper frame my friend was supposed to paint over a year ago, but that has major changes so it won't qualify. I still need cool forks for the Columbia and a basic springer for the trike.

You totally should with all the raw material you have laying around! It would be fun to enter. Though I don't know if I need the pressure of a build-off right now!

Dude I gotta see more pics of that bike, pronto! Also, a Boston Terrier! Freakin love them. My next dog will be one, or a mix with one, like a Bug or a french-bo. More and more I notice how much cross over there is with folks around here. Like we are all drinking from the same cool-aid!

Cool, A french-bo sounds pretty sweet! I'll post some pics of my schwinn when I get a chance here. It still has the original Springville City, Utah licensing tabs on it from where I grew up. Haha. I dig the custom Telsco guitars. Have you been to that newish shop in Ballard that specializes in old japanese guitars?

Edit: I just realized you're not in washington. So I'm guessing you've never been to that shop..