Newb intro...

Howdy! I've been lurking here for a couple days...Thought I'd join the ranks and say wuddup...

My buddy Super Dave (aka Pumpkn210) started a thread here lookin' for some drivetrain for a project of mine. I thought I'd check the response and this here forum reignited my love for 510's...And then synchronicity happened.

A buddy shows up and offers to trade me a '71 510 wagon for a bike of mine and Dave gets a call for a B210. We hauled the 210 to my place, got her running and kicked up some mud with it in the field out front. Pretty f'in cool! Drivetrain for my project and a 510 wagon all in the same day! I'm extra stoked 'cause I just happen to love wagons. I've got a turd of a '62 Falcon two door "resting" out front. I washed it yesterday and it'll get some tinkerin' before the 510...

I should get my wagon home sometime this week. Hopefully it's not super trashed. I've yet to see it in person. I've got the general impression that Datsuns are tough lil suckers and lend themselves well to a cheap bastage like myself. Shouldn't be too hard to get back on the road. (Famous last words!)

Anyways...A pic is in order. Please excuse the ugliness. I try my hardest to like "patina" but as a former body and paint tech it's likely that I'll have to do something about it. Initial plans are to get it running on new rubber...Then an altitude adjusment...Maybe some rust and body damage removal, a lil shavin' here and there and a mossy green "suede" job over some good sealer. So ya! Pretty excited!

Behold! A craptacular cell phone pic of a truly decrepit 71 Goon! It'll buff out...

27861_397629010874_720380874_4335134_2340970_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic