72 521 wont start

chris67

I carefully power washed the engine (L16) bay today and it ran fine after now it wont start it turns over and has spark and i just added some gas (might have been empty) any ideas datsun gods? help?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I carefully power washed the engine (L16) bay today and it ran fine after now it wont start it turns over and has spark and i just added some gas (might have been empty) any ideas datsun gods? help?

Be sure it has spark all the time. not just sometimes. Pull your cap and check in there for water, even a drop or to can cause it to not work right.

Easy: Take the cap and all wires off and take inside for the night to dry off. Yawn... It'll start tomorrow.

Harder: Do the above but dry off by hand with paper towels and hair drier.

OCD : Remove all wires, cap and rotor and replace. Wipe dielectric grease on nipples and plug ends.

Be sure it has spark all the time. not just sometimes. Pull your cap and check in there for water, even a drop or to can cause it to not work right.

Had a tiny bit of water in the cap dried it out runs again thank you all I am new to little datsun motor.

For off road I would poke tiny holes in the finger ends of a Nitrile surgical glove. Remove the distributor cap wires one at a time and pull the nipples off. Push the wire through and put the nipple back on and plug back in. Do all four plug wires and the coil wire through the thumb. Roll the wrist part up like a condom and place the cap and roll the cuff down the distributor. Keeps water and shit out of and off the dizzy.

For off road I would poke tiny holes in the finger ends of a Nitrile surgical glove. Remove the distributor cap wires one at a time and pull the nipples off. Push the wire through and put the nipple back on and plug back in. Do all four plug wires and the coil wire through the thumb. Roll the wrist part up like a condom and place the cap and roll the cuff down the distributor. Keeps water and shit out of and off the dizzy.

Ha thats a good simple idea. Wish i would have thought of that when i owned my 4x4. I had many problems with it getting wet and stalling on trails :\