Need some help...

Thebandito

okay so i been working on my truck for a while now since i had time and i have everything running theres only one slight problem...IT WONT shift into gear >.< it has a l20 engine from a 79 datsun it has orginal transmission 4 speed and i turn on the truck and it revs as soon as i try to shift it into gear it wont go. I have spoken with my dad and he thinks its the clutch slave that is not reaching to push the spoon. idk if anyone got a idea mind sharing it...sorry if this is not the right spot to post but..posting at school is annoying these computers cant load for Beans

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is a 521 with stock 4 spd and a '79 L20B?

and i turn on the truck and it revs as soon as i try to shift it into gear it wont go.

...by this do you mean you can't get it into gear when motor running... or you can't get it into gear at all...or it goes into gear but the engine revs and the truck does not move?

it will go in gear only when off. if u try to put it into gear while on nothing happens or it wont even go...

1) Does it shift into gear when the engine is off?

yes

2) What happens if you have the transmission in gear, clutch pushed in, and try to start it?

if its in gear the truck pulls foward

3) Does the clutch feel normal? Or go right to the floor?

the clutch goes straight to the floor

2eDeYe' date='13 May 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1273776842' post='302791']

Pressure plate in backwards?

I won't say how I found out this is possible :lol:

omg if thats right then am gonna be mad at my dad lol he installed it and the clutch slave is brand new same with the clutch they were brand new god dam STick shift why bring me problems my g20 doesnt >.< yet..

Wrong pressure plate? The L20B, especially if it was from a truck, used a different pressure plate which is a different height from the one on a stock 521. So, the clutch won't work even if all the hydraulics are good. There's a "release collar" that the clutch fork attaches to (inside the bellhousing) that is sized differently for each type of pressure plate, and it MUST be matched to the pressure plate (not the transmission).