Transmission Diagrams Wanted

zerow

I am looking for build diagrams or working drawings of the Jatco 3N71B and L4N71B transmissions for comparison. Scale does not matter, as long as it is dimensioned. I am sure someone knows of one or has something on microfilm somewhere. I am always doing drafting work, I guess its how my mind works. I need relative heights and widths as well as distances from the centerline so I can make absolutely sure I have everything compensated for on my transmission swap (my 610 came with the 3N71B, and I am swapping in the L4N71B for the overdrive capability).

Post what you've got, I will be happy to look at everything. I already ran into one problem with the mounting, just want to ensure that this is the last and only hitch before I get underway. Better to do it right once, instead of messing up a bunch of driveline parts in the process of performing this swap.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L4N71B top and 620 3N71B below.

transautotopL4N71B84Maximagoonand3N.jpg

It's about an inch longer than the 610 tranny.

Thanks Datzenmike.

I am looking for the distance between the mount heights (vertically) between the two transmissions; Most notably, the difference between the stock mounting point on the 3N71B and the "ears" at the rear of the L4N71B Without a total mockup, I want to see the difference (if any) in heights. The adaptor I have drawn will depend on that difference in height.

check olddatsuns.com's tech page....I'm pretty sure I put up the automatic's manual on there...it will be toward the bottom of the list. The manual trans may be in one of the vehicle manuals.

Thanks mklotz70. I checked the site, but it just gives me the general information about the transmission, not specific dimensions between casted parts. I will keep hope alive with this one, otherwise, it will be trail and error (hopefully not to many errors...)