Datsun Bluebird Coupe SSS Rear Lights & Relay

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The relay doesn't look like it's the correct one!

for someone currently using these lamps w/the sequencer:

would the flasher unit from an early mercury cougar work?

ive thought about changing in the lamps from the 66... but something isnt quite right (besides being ford)

"The following article was performed on a Mercury Cougar although the equipment used will work on any model vehicle that has a 2 to 4 bulb tail light system that you want a sequential turn signal installed."

http://www.lovefords.org/tech/jefflilly/sequential.html

for someone currently using these lamps w/the sequencer:

would the flasher unit from an early mercury cougar work?

ive thought about changing in the lamps from the 66... but something isnt quite right (besides being ford)

"The following article was performed on a Mercury Cougar although the equipment used will work on any model vehicle that has a 2 to 4 bulb tail light system that you want a sequential turn signal installed."

http://www.lovefords.org/tech/jefflilly/sequential.html

The cougar didn't come out until 1967. I used to have a 68 cougar. The 66 T-Bird used the same sequential box.

The cougar sequential box might work but they are getting hard to find and expensive and they are a mechanical setup.

The newer electronic versions work better. My friend Vince just installed these:

seq65.gif

stschalsmwe.gif

06wepmseq.gif

Only $69 for the pair.

Solid State Circuitry

Self-Adjusting Electronics assures

Perfect Sequencing Action!

Programmable Brake Light Operation

Works on All Multiple Signal Cars

Works with LEDs or Standard Bulbs

If you have two or more turn signal filaments on each side of your car, you can add the STS-1, STS-2, or STS-4 Sequencer Kit and really indicate your intentions.

These modules feature sophisticated electronics that automatically adjust the sequencing speed to match the turn signal flasher in your car. While other products offer you fixed timing or complicated manual adjustments, our modules sense your car's flasher speed and adjust the 1-2-3 sequence timing for you. Want more separation between individual lamps? Just put in a slower flasher!

If your car has combination stop/turn signal lamps, these modules will sequence the turn and emergency flashers only. The brake lights operate normally! However, if you also want a single brake light sequence (called "brake light burst"), these modules will do it. Your Choice!

Installation takes about an hour, and for most cars, only basic hand tools are required!

Qty

STS-1 Sequential Turn Signals, $69 ..........

- For cars with 3 lamps on each side

More info here:

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

• Like 1

The cougar didn't come out until 1967. I used to have a 68 cougar. The 66 T-Bird used the same sequential box.

The cougar sequential box might work but they are getting hard to find and expensive and they are a mechanical setup.

The newer electronic versions work better. My friend Vince just installed these:

seq65.gif

stschalsmwe.gif

06wepmseq.gif

Only $69 for the pair.

Solid State Circuitry

Self-Adjusting Electronics assures

Perfect Sequencing Action!

Programmable Brake Light Operation

Works on All Multiple Signal Cars

Works with LEDs or Standard Bulbs

If you have two or more turn signal filaments on each side of your car, you can add the STS-1, STS-2, or STS-4 Sequencer Kit and really indicate your intentions.

These modules feature sophisticated electronics that automatically adjust the sequencing speed to match the turn signal flasher in your car. While other products offer you fixed timing or complicated manual adjustments, our modules sense your car's flasher speed and adjust the 1-2-3 sequence timing for you. Want more separation between individual lamps? Just put in a slower flasher!

If your car has combination stop/turn signal lamps, these modules will sequence the turn and emergency flashers only. The brake lights operate normally! However, if you also want a single brake light sequence (called "brake light burst"), these modules will do it. Your Choice!

Installation takes about an hour, and for most cars, only basic hand tools are required!

Qty

STS-1 Sequential Turn Signals, $69 ..........

- For cars with 3 lamps on each side

More info here:

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

That's a good deal!

Thanks for sharing that qwik.

Bad business... <_<

Did not know it was the wrong relay. I beleived it was the sequential flasher unit when I bought the lights (came with the lights)...Ebay listing cancelled due to error...

i know that the 67 has the lens angled in, im thinking of the year that lens angles out???

good info! thanks!

Did not know it was the wrong relay. I beleived it was the sequential flasher unit when I bought the lights (came with the lights)...Ebay listing cancelled due to error...

You should have just stated on the auction that the relay was not correct to the taillights....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.