auto to manual swap

For a '78 620

I need the parts for a auto to manual transmission swap.

Pedal box with pedals, clutch master, hard line from master to slave, shift lever, the ring to hold the shifter gasket in place on the tunnel, and anything else I may have forgotten.

I should be good on the slave and will get new flexible hose.

Price and shipped to 80234.

Thank you

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you need the pedal box just the clutch and the brake pedals.Clutch master and push rod to the pedal. Make your own hard line from a pre made brake line. Clutch slave cylinder/push rod and flex hose. 6 bolt L flywheel, (225mm truck or 200mm car) matching clutch, pp, and release bearing collar, release bearing, pilot bushing. Clutch actuating arm, rubber boot, release bearing collar clip. (some of these things may be on the tranny when you get it) Speedo cable should be the correct length. Tranny mount will likely fit the cross member, perhaps by reversing it.

I don't think you need the pedal box just the clutch and the brake pedals.Clutch master and push rod to the pedal. Make your own hard line from a pre made brake line. Clutch slave cylinder/push rod and flex hose. 6 bolt L flywheel, (225mm truck or 200mm car) matching clutch, pp, and release bearing collar, release bearing, pilot bushing. Clutch actuating arm, rubber boot, release bearing collar clip. (some of these things may be on the tranny when you get it) Speedo cable should be the correct length. Tranny mount will likely fit the cross member, perhaps by reversing it.

Don't forget that the bolts for the pedals are reverse thread. So lefty loosy wont work on these. :P

Your gonna need the tranny tunnel cover from the manual to.

This is bullsh%t. I just threw away all this stuff that people keep wanting. Where were you all for the last 3 months? :confused:

I have the clutch master, the shift cover, and a few other goodies. 4-speed trans, etc. If you need these items, let me know.

This is bullsh%t. I just threw away all this stuff that people keep wanting. Where were you all for the last 3 months? :confused:

looking for a 620, how was I supposed to know the one I got was going to be an automatic???? :-P

Look on the bright side it's really hard to abuse the motor on an automatic. (or the rest of the truck for that mater) The 620 has auto and standard, so swapping to standard offers no great hardship and NO custom modifications if you find the parts.

Yep, whenever I'm on the lookout for motors or rearends I always look for the auto's.

I'm more familiar with the z cars. The z cars have a 240mm flywheel on the turbos and 2+2 and 225mm in the 2 seaters. Will the 225mm flywheel from a z work with the 620? I'm pretty sure i have a flywheel if it will.

This truck is going to be my 240z support vehicle, if worse comes to worse I can make a hitch for the 240 and tow the truck, it will probably faster ;-)

And if I want to stay with auto, I have an extra 4 spd auto. So I can handle any modifications the 4 spd auto will entail. It might even be easier with the crossmember the truck uses. I won't have to cut the tunnel mounts like I did in the zxt.

Certainly not me! I got shit piling up in my garage and my dad is pissed.

Thus my reason for throwing the stuff away. Tough to run a business when your hobby is constantly competing for your space.

:rofl:

Not a very smart one. :P

By "smart", you must mean "irresponsible". :fu:

For a '78 620

I need the parts for a auto to manual transmission swap.

Pedal box with pedals, clutch master, hard line from master to slave, shift lever, the ring to hold the shifter gasket in place on the tunnel, and anything else I may have forgotten.

I should be good on the slave and will get new flexible hose.

Price and shipped to 80234.

Thank you

I have these parts, please let me know if you still need this stuff.

Thanks,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.