puttin up her suspension

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_2417.jpg

Be careful with putting polly on both sides of the TC rod.

it makes it nice and stuff but it also reduces the flex room the TC rod needs and its been known to break them because they dont have enough wiggle room.

Its recommended to run one polly and one rubber

IMG_2417.jpg

Be careful with putting polly on both sides of the TC rod.

it makes it nice and stuff but it also reduces the flex room the TC rod needs and its been known to break them because they dont have enough wiggle room.

Its recommended to run one polly and one rubber

thanx for the heads up ill be sure to take ur advice on this one

thanx for the heads up ill be sure to take ur advice on this one

theres been a few guys over on hybrid that have had them totally snap on their Z's sending them swerving hard to one side :blink: luckily they where in places with plenty of room to recover.

Another trick to soffen the poly TC bushings is to drill a series of holes around the center hole of the bushing. It seems to soften it enough that the TC rod will flex the bushing when the suspension moves. This will help to keep the TC rod from snapping.

Another solution is the TC Kit by Experimental Engineering, $28 + $6 S&H.

Experimental Engineering TC Kit

Website VG30.com

159exp_eng_tc_kit.JPG

That is sooo cool having your girl help out and your set-up is looking good. Can you do me a big favor and PM me where you got your bushings, cost of everything and what, if any, technical/mechanical stuff I should be looking out for, like specially tools. I will be doing this soon and having like separation anxiety just thinking about all these parts scattered. Never had to do this to any of my rides but it looks like I will be keeping my 510 for awhile and might as well dot he bushings before I do the coil over stuff.

Another trick to soffen the poly TC bushings is to drill a series of holes around the center hole of the bushing. It seems to soften it enough that the TC rod will flex the bushing when the suspension moves. This will help to keep the TC rod from snapping.

Another solution is the TC Kit by Experimental Engineering, $28 + $6 S&H.

Experimental Engineering TC Kit

Website VG30.com

But don't forget to also order a pair of rubber T/C rod bushings. I was able to get them from the local O'Reilly's. (they call them "strut bars" though, which is pretty stupid, but whatever. lol)