I'm baffled

So to keep it simple, my dash lights don't work. I pulled the dash and applied 12volts to the correct part of the socket where the harness plugs into the dash and I get full light. The weird thing is those two sockets ARE getting 12volts so why aren't my gauges working?

I checked the harness and I have 12volts at the green/yellow and green/white to ground. I've tried two different rheostat's and I still have no light.

Now, I think it's very strange that the g/y and g/w BOTH have 12volts. One should be negative right?

ALSO the shithead that I bought to car from tried to hide an electrical problem with the car by removing the light that illuminates the voltage indicator. I put a bulb in and the fucker lit up. Not very bright though..

Anyways....

Help?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funky... try a headlight switch? Not familiar with the B310, is the rheostat part of that switch, or independent?

Tried that =/

The rheostat is the dimmer located on a separate harness. 3 wires to it; G/W, G/Y, and Black..

G/W and G/Y have 12volts. Black is negative/ground.

Tried that =/

The rheostat is the dimmer located on a separate harness. 3 wires to it; G/W, G/Y, and Black..

G/W and G/Y have 12volts. Black is negative/ground.

I don't know if it is like a 610, but there is a little voltage regulator that "helps" with the dimming process. Its a little box on the back of the dash cluster. (When and If) It goes out, it takes the dash lighting down with it.

Confirm before tossing the whole thing <=> re-ground the wire for the rheostat. If found to be bad, root cause found. If no change, two grounds are better than one.