• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

patch for the dash

IMG_0268.jpg

:) the beater

IMG_0257.jpg

how many layers of paint can you cake there?

IMG_0260.jpg

the cracker jack that had this car before me really did some shitty body work. couldn't weld to save his life either

let me start this off by telling everyone something i probably shouldn't.. the paddock is going into bankruptcy and they are fucking many people out of lots of monies. after five phonecalls and a two hour round trip to the distribution center i got a credit of $400 plus 20% off. i'm tenacious, bitch

well i didn't buy that emblem.. just looks good lol

IMG_0300.jpg

distributer cap

IMG_0310.jpg

universal lines to make transmission lines.. fuck the paddock

IMG_0307.jpg

my latex is always premium

IMG_0290.jpg

all the bushings for the car.. gotta get my money's worth ya know?

IMG_0291.jpg

all the weatherstripping

IMG_0292.jpg

okay i didn't buy this there.. but it does show i'm at least starting on the audio right?

IMG_0304.jpg

vinyl for the door pods and other misc shit.. i hope

IMG_0288.jpg

starting to get the exhaust thrown up in der

IMG_0287.jpg

the hood ready for one last coat of primer

IMG_0276.jpg

let me end this by telling everyone again that the paddock sucks ass

yeah this ***** is gonna get a third taillight

IMG_0308.jpg

xmember?

IMG_0309.jpg

aroomph

IMG_0312.jpg

i don't even have words..

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

yeah that's bondo over paint. class act

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

hehe well i'm glad i could tickle you. aren't you glad it doesn't have a 350??

Thank god! No replacement for displacement!

And as far as the bike goes, I'm almost 100% thats a CB550. Or a Cb of some kind. I have one, so I'd know. lol

Guest DatsuNoob

NICE! I used to have a 76 Firebird. Not the T/A, but still a '76. It was the pale Yellow color. I imagine you're having a tough time tracking down parts? It was impossible for me to locate fenders and other body pieces since a 76 seems so much rarer than lets say a 77 (smokey and the bandit body). Year One was the only place I could find anything, and then, could only drool over THOSE parts. I ended up selling it to a guy who had the dough to fix it up right. Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to it, it was probably my favorite car out of all the ones I've owned. Oh and wish I was quicker to this thread, the tanklines and pipes on that bike are a dead giveaway. Anyway, keep up the good work here.

Damn I shoulda counted. hahaha

wink.gif yeah haha you should have

NICE! I used to have a 76 Firebird. Not the T/A, but still a '76. It was the pale Yellow color. I imagine you're having a tough time tracking down parts? It was impossible for me to locate fenders and other body pieces since a 76 seems so much rarer than lets say a 77 (smokey and the bandit body). Year One was the only place I could find anything, and then, could only drool over THOSE parts. I ended up selling it to a guy who had the dough to fix it up right. Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to it, it was probably my favorite car out of all the ones I've owned. Oh and wish I was quicker to this thread, the tanklines and pipes on that bike are a dead giveaway. Anyway, keep up the good work here.

actually body parts haven't been a problem for me. i've been into cars for years and helped my dad on his projects since i could be in the garage. he and i did the bodywork on his camaro when i was 13. i'm not the master body man like he is, but i know my way around a bondo spreader and da and i've done the fenders and quarters up real nice like. we just got patch panels for the fenders and have done my best to cover up superman's terrible quarter job. but sheet metal is the same for 74-81 so it wouldn't be all that hard to buy new stuff if you have the money. year one sucks. they breach the small intestine when they get you in the ass for shipping.. all of the mail-order places like the paddock when it was still around and classic industries are sorta meh.

sucks you couldn't find any for yours and had to sell it :/. the 76 are rare and that's why i wanted one. last year of the round headlights so it doesn't look like the satb car because of the front clip. not that there's anything wrong with smokey and the bandit but it does seem to attract a certain sort of people to the car..

yeah these cars ride nice and handle great, unlike my dad's camaro which won't turn or stop for shit and it when you get out of the car you feel like you are getting off a rollercoaster. it's pretty fast too :) for some reason i think the 185 horsepower they were rated at is a little low..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...