windsheild wiper issue

I got in my goon to go to work this morning and it's raining so i turned on my wipers. Well just once to wipe off the layer of rain there, and i noticed it seemed really quick. I turned them back on and they went frickin crazy and then just stoped in an upward posistion. I think they fell off the motor if thats even possible...? I can hear it when i turn them on but they wont move. I tried to get into the wiper arm area but Im not sure if the 710 has a different set up, i would imagine they're not all the same and theres not a whole lot of 710's in my area. I really dont want to break anything getting the wipers off to remove the thing there. I figured I'd come see if anyone has any suggestions. Im also at work and don't have a lot of time to be working on my car, i already spent half an hour messing with it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:( baby. i wish i had a way to you so i could fix this.If you have tools with you i dont think you will hurt anything takeing off the wipers.Im more worryed that if the wiper arm that hooks the wipers together is broke (like the one on my 620 was) its going to be a pain to find that part. i dont ever remember seeing any 710s in any of the junk yards we have been in. im sure theres a parts car out there some were waiting for us

skunk, do you have the manual(s) at the house? You might be able to look at the exploded diagrams for the wipers and get an idea of what is where. I don't know if the motor and linkage are between the firewall and engine compartment, or inside the car. If she can hear the wiper motor turning, it's likely that the linkage clip fell off. If you remember how the 620 linkage connected to the wiper motor, you can probably picture the clip I'm talking about.

The over-revving wipers are a little strange, we really should upgrade the fuse block in that car.

Wish I could be more help :(

i got it with some wd40, it is the plastic cap that goes on a ball that goes on the motor. Like a joint. When it spazzed out on me it broke the plastic cover thing and popped off. I popped it back on and i think it will be ok as long as the motor doesnt freak out again. I will need to get a non-broken cover though.

any idea where one would aquire such piece? there is 1 other 710 in town...not at a junkyard so im not sure what to do here.