4 linking a wagon

fo0manchu

anybody have experience with a 4 link setup? I am going to do a triangulated 4 link in my wagon soon, since i have some time off, and had a few questions.

What size bars do you think will be appropriate, diameter wise. I've been doing some research and haven't come up with a definite answer. I know with more travel, like 4x4's, they need to be thicker. I've also seen kits for the lowered old ford trucks which are only about 1" thick, and those trucks put out some good torque.

I've got a kit currently that is 1" thick. Do you guys think that will be okay for my setup. I will be running a ford 8.8 mated to a ka24de turbo. Planning on running at most, 300hp.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the 3 link in my 620 & i used 1 1/2 diameter .120 wall DOM round tubing.

Holds up fine & wont bend, alot of the off road guys use the same tubing & thier trucks take more abuse than my 620 or a 510 can dish out.

I remember seeing a silver wagon here that was 4 linked & also a guy here in SD has a custom link suspension on his yellow wagon. Username is Johnbreezeu..may have mispelled but im close :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 78 B210 GX, and i bought a 79, 210 coupe. going to swap the four link into my GX. not sure if i wanna do the whole pan cause there is width difference, so i might just swap the pockets and brackets? what do you guys think? I think its a great start, but im tuckin 14" rims in the rear and front and i need all the room i can get!

Here is my floor pan.

0_Image046.jpg

0_Image047.jpg

Here is the 79 floor pan and pockets.

0_Image043.jpg

0_Image049.jpg

0_Image048.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

not much room under our datsun's to 4 link. I'm doing mine right now, i should start a project thread soon. my bars are running under the passenger seats and will be fully adjustable for bar angles.

In the end it will depend on what your going for, performance vs looks. I want both, haha. :D