PSA about POR15

Well been using it on the roadster and so far this is my findings:

One: Don't EVER get it on skin, it will not come off.. I've even poured paint stripper on my hands to try to get it off.

Two: Thinner the coats the better, if you get it too thick it will bubble like no tomorrow and you'll have to cut them off with a hobby knife.

Three: Even in a open environment you might take a break every 10 minutes.. I was stumbling around after an hours painting session and it wasn't the brown party liquor either.

Thats all I can think of so far, but on the good side I can tell you it fills in the pinhole sized holes in my body and sticks quite well to old my old rusty ratsun.

While painting I even came up with a name for my roadster, I proclaimed it the rustster. (pronounced ruster lol.. I blame paint fumes)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you spraying it? I never got dizzy off it before. Never had the bubble issue either but thin coats are def better I agree, thick ones (bubbles aside) are more susceptible to that peeling por can and sometimes does.

To get it off your skin use a pumice stone in the shower. Takes it right off.

Ah ya a trunk might do it lol. I did my interior but it had no doors or glass in so, pretty aired out. Spraying it is more a pita but you get such better results.

Guest DatsuNoob

As previously stated, best to get it off right away. I've got some POR-15 thinner for spraying that works well, but most any solvent will take it off (mostly anyway :D ). What's worse is getting that shit in your hair! I was working on the inside of my cab in the hollow spaces with a coat hanger, gauze, and bailing wire and that shit dribbled everywhere :lol:, most inconveniently being the top of my head :lol: Had to cut out a few chunks of hair, but no biggie.