620 coilovers????

So I've tryed doing a search but not the results I'm looking for :( Does anyone know of or have any info on this I've talked to my cousin but my phone was dying. I will try to go this direction before complete chassis re modification which might happen anyway.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to fab or have it completely fabbed up since the fronts are torsion bars and rears are springs. There is a guy on here who used a s13 suspension, forget his name, flat green 620 with an sr.

Search on here you'll find him.

11133_229166976339_759841339_4251569_3593296_n.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

You could beef up the stock front shock mount and drill it for a clevis style mount like I plan on doing. It would be very important to weld in some gussets to the frame to tie it all together since the orig design was meant to carry the load through the tortion bar, not the shock mount as previously stated. Part number for QA1 coilovers to fit are either #3855 or #4855, cant remember right now. Check out Fineline's build and you'll see what I'm talking about.That would be the easiest rout to sort out the front IMO.`Good luck dude

I'm working out a kit for the 4855's right now (stay tuned for a new project thread on a kc I have at my house right now) because they are 14" center to center. The Coils that I set up my kit with were quite a bit shorter.

The kit entails the upper/lower brackets, hardware, and a template for cutting the upper shock mount for the new bracket to be welded to.

Guest DatsuNoob

I'm working out a kit for the 4855's right now (stay tuned for a new project thread on a kc I have at my house right now) because they are 14" center to center. The Coils that I set up my kit with were quite a bit shorter.

The kit entails the upper/lower brackets, hardware, and a template for cutting the upper shock mount for the new bracket to be welded to.

I had planned on doing this thing myself, but I got other major areas of the build to focus on if I'm gonna make Canby (counting the weeks!:hyper:). What do you think you'd ask for them? Thanks Jason

I had planned on doing this thing myself, but I got other major areas of the build to focus on if I'm gonna make Canby (counting the weeks!:hyper:). What do you think you'd ask for them? Thanks Jason

I dunno, I usually $100 for everything on the other ones, so that should work. Not sure, but they will be very similiar to the ones I make for the shorter springs.

Guest DatsuNoob

PM me when you get all the details worked out. I might pick up a set if I'm short on time. I really wanna get down to Canby on coilovers and discs instead of bars and drums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've been thinking and taking measurements if you build a mount from the existing location were the top of the front shocks go it looks like you could slide in a coil over and bolt right up in replacing the factory shocks it's kinda tight but with the right coil over it should work

• 7 months later...