510 front carpet

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget who was selling entire kits for $100, but that's a great deal. Wonder if he'd cut you a price for just the front.. asking's free.

Ya Iv looked at that but I was hoping someone local might have something used for cheap that I dont have to pay shipping (or much shipping) on. Don't really have $100 to drop on carpet atm

Just buy a roll of carpet and cut it youself its like 25 bucks for a roll big enough to do the whole goon

Im doing that for the rear but I dont have any front carpet to use as a template, lol I dont even know how the front carpets sposta go, Iv never seen it lol

It's really easy to do your own, I've done tons of them. It does help a lot, if you get (non backed) stretchy carpet though. It also helps if you get some insulation padding (looks like ground up blue jeans), you can get it at any upholstery shop and it's cheap. You only need enough to go on the flat parts of the floor. Then as you go, just glue down the carpet to the pad (and not the floor) and this helps keep it all flat and in place, and this also allows you to easily lift it up later to run wires, etc... If you can find a pattern to use (as mentioned by sssr20det510) that will make it really easy. If you can't, then just start by shoving the center of the front edge of the carpet as far as you can under the heater core. Then cut the hole for the shifter. Then just work your way out from the center (stretching and pushing it into all the corners) until it all lays flat and you can trim the ends off under the sill plates. Piece of cake, lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.