jeepinjakear15's L320 project

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it depends on the engine... It's obviously not original as a '65 320 would have had an E1 engine.

The question is the serial number... does it say "J 15382960", or "J15 382960". I'm assuming the latter.

So then it matters what distributor it has. Most likely, it will need points that match a 1968 521 (although that's not what the engine is from if the numbers are the latter, but the J15 was never used in the US) but that's a close match. But if it has the original 1965 dist, then you need points for that.

Coil, you just need a standard points-type coil.

hi everyone i have a datsun l-320 that had a bad fuel tank. I took it to a place and they coated it inside and out and fixed the holes. I have the original sending unit and it seems to give me a different ohms reading as i cycle the float so i assume its working correctly. but when i hook it up and do that the gas gauge does not move. Is it common for these to go out? and whats the easiest way to access the back of the fuel gauge on a 320?

anyone redone their electrical system with like a universal painless setup with the newer style atc fuses? ive seen some debate on the gm 1 wire alternator and that its not a good choice, does anyone have any great insight for me on mounting and what one to go with? sorry for all the questions i just wanna get the thing driving I have lusted after it since i was 16 and finally bought in december!