right hand drive 620

dat620

has anyone else received or got the new issue of mini truckin magazine, page 52, there is a right hand drive 620, in all it's hottness, yeaaaaa, thats what i'm talkin bout, and lots of body mods and engine swap, and , and, and...i want to do a custom rhd soooo bad, tom :cool:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you would be interested, i will trade you a stock left hand drive for a stock right hand drive, the only hard part i forsee right off is the cost of shipping, unless of course we could find some one doing a car shipment both ways and needed to fill some space, think that is possible, or maybe just swap all the parts needed...tom

Hmmm...I don't quite get the attraction. There are a number of things going AGAINST RHD 620s. (At least in Australia). Theý're not all that common any more. They were sold here with king-pin front ends, 4-wheel drum brakes and J15 engines. I know because I've got one and I'm finding sourcing parts...challenging. Have you checked out the Japanese scene? If you google datsun 620 images, you'll probably find a jaw-dropping black one. In Asian countries they're still popular, with a lot of (suspect) repro parts available. But suspect is better than NONE.

Whats so special about a right hand drive? :blink:

Guest kamakazi620

Hmmm...I don't quite get the attraction. There are a number of things going AGAINST RHD 620s. (At least in Australia). Theý're not all that common any more. They were sold here with king-pin front ends, 4-wheel drum brakes and J15 engines. I know because I've got one and I'm finding sourcing parts...challenging. Have you checked out the Japanese scene? If you google datsun 620 images, you'll probably find a jaw-dropping black one. In Asian countries they're still popular, with a lot of (suspect) repro parts available. But suspect is better than NONE.

Whats so special about a right hand drive? :blink:

Uuuuhhhhhh...................We don;t have um over here it's a "JDM" thing i guess

exactly, we were not blessed to have them here, i mean sure i could spend thousands of dollars and thousands of man hours and build one, but i would prefer a factory built rhd, i have the other engine and suspension to put into it, i just need a basicly good shell, no motor or trans, just all the linkage needed to get it all back together, see to us it is uniuqe, because we do not have them here, you all have them there, in ausie, japan, asia etc, i just want one, and have been building one in my head for years, that's all..thx tom :cool:

A case of the grass being greener? I get it. I wish my truck was (at least) L20, ball joints and discs, not to mention 1-piece door glass instead of 60's 1/4 vents, and column gearshift.... But it does have its own retro charm.

Maybe if you could catch up with some of the guys who import Datsun 1600 (510?) stuff from Japan you might score a cab and dash? I just can't think of anybody actually exporting older Japanese cars FROM Australia.

Steroid is doing a 620 RHD conversion & his writeup is in trucks if i remember right.

He got all his parts from Japan including the firewall, dash & steering box.

In theory use the stock firewall & make cut outs for the steering shaft & clutch/brake masters.

& from what Mike told me the STOCK [uSDM]idler arm CAN be used if flipped.

Guest kamakazi620

A case of the grass being greener? I get it. I wish my truck was (at least) L20, ball joints and discs, not to mention 1-piece door glass instead of 60's 1/4 vents, and column gearshift.... But it does have its own retro charm.

Maybe if you could catch up with some of the guys who import Datsun 1600 (510?) stuff from Japan you might score a cab and dash? I just can't think of anybody actually exporting older Japanese cars FROM Australia.

Maybe you should talk to some of us!! I'd totally trade my 1 piece doors/windows for some with vent windows!!!

I guess I'll have to get my act together and post more pictures of my 'farm truck' 620. If you take a look at 'Digger's 620 on page 39 of 'Pic of Your Truck', you'll see a REALLY pristine Aussie 620 with 1/4 vents and Queensland State number plates. Quite a miracle for it not to be rusty, being in sub-tropical Townsville though.

All you need are the steering components and maybe the dash... unless you make a custom dash for your RHD conversion.

Think about how hard it will be to find a replacement idler arm. They are a mirror to the ones we use here. :)