510 proportioning valve

Hey how is everyone, my name is Israel and i have a 510 project im working on. I heard great and interesting things about ratsun and i decided to become a member =)

unfortunately when you start on a project you always experience a conflict =(

I have a conflict.... and its my proportioning valve... I cant find one, but somebody said a universal and adjustable one might do the job?

I would appreciate any help from someone, i have to get my dime on the road again =( its my daily driver.....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is that my front brakes are freezing on me when i drive.....so i took my car to a mechanic and he said its the distribution valve.I had the problem with the stock 510 disc and calipers...now i have 280zx struts with the complete assembly, new 510 master cylinder, new brakes, new brake lines,new calipers,and its still doing the same thing !

Its driving me nuts so i would appreciate some help =(

thanks all.

does anyone know where i can get one for my 510.......

or does anyone have a good one for sale?

thanks =)

oh and il post some pics soon for those who want to check out my dime =)

a israel say no more i have 1 for you 4free hahahaha i just finished slapping my L20 together almost ready for ginos

swap meet ill go check how much is it to ship it to you tomorrow

distribution 'valve'

IMG00363.jpg

L20

IMG00366.jpg

IMG00365.jpg

IMG00364.jpg

That's 99.9% not likely to be your problem. Your problem is more likely to be that your master cylinder push rod is adjusted too far in to your master cylinder, which doesn't allow residual braking pressure to release after pushing on the brakes, and just becomes worse the more you drive due to heat expansion of the brake fluid. Check the push rod and make sure there is a little free-play before it starts pushing on the master cylinder piston.

That's 99.9% not likely to be your problem. Your problem is more likely to be that your master cylinder push rod is adjusted too far in to your master cylinder, which doesn't allow residual braking pressure to release after pushing on the brakes, and just becomes worse the more you drive due to heat expansion of the brake fluid. Check the push rod and make sure there is a little free-play before it starts pushing on the master cylinder piston.

Matt I think your close but I think the problem is he put a newer master out of a rig with a booster where the rod doesn't actually clip into the master like the 510 unit. If you use the 510 rod with retaining washer in the newer master the thickness of the retaining washer is enough to do exactly what you are saying. But instead of holding residual pressure with the rod it holds it with the washer. I've made that mistake a few times :) We always sharpen the pushrod without using the retaining washer that is built into the 510 push rod. Not a perfect fix but it seems to work fine.

distribution 'valve'

IMG00363.jpg

When you get it take it apart and look inside. All it does is equal out the pressure front to back and if either the front or rear system fails the piston slides to one side triggering the dash light.