'84 vw rabbit

thats right guys... i bought a turbo diesel wabbit!! got it a couple weeks ago, and drove it a few days, changed oil, and next morning oil wal all over drive way frozen in snow :( so i go check my oil filter, and the rubber ring is all fucked up ( brand new napa gold filter) so i go get a new filter and another 4 qts of oil and 1 qt of lucas... put the 4 qts in... start n drive around block, and got back home and im out of oil :( my turbo blew a seal :( so now i gota fix that n its good to go :) so i paid 1300 for it, motor was rebuilt this past spring n he parked it in september in a non heated barn up until he decided he had too many vehicles, so i went n snatched it up! i bottle of diesel 911 and it fired right up n drove home perfecctly! well except for sucky tires,got home got all new tires. bodys great except drivers door need to be re alighned, but not necessary, and one dent on passenger rear door n little rust here n there and only rusted thru on a little spot on passenger rocker pannel.... i think i got a good deal, since i been looking for one for a few years n this jus happened to pop up

19237_1327796507969_1022627806_988921_4078042_n.jpg

needs to sit a lil lower i know... here you can see the dent at the top of rear passenger dore

19237_1327796547970_1022627806_988922_4485742_n.jpg

haha i painted valve cover jus to stand out, its still all messy with grease n wires but i will take care of it eventually

19237_1327796467968_1022627806_988920_7944531_n.jpg

oh and that bumper braket is only on there cuz we were using it to lift with the cherry picker to remove turbo easier!

and yes, it did have those nasty ricerish hood scoops on but i ripped them off

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice little bunny!!!!! and a TD to boot! cant beat that. you should check out www.the152.com . its an all MK1 VW site. good people there. mostly rejects from VWVortex. i am on there as well. i currently have 8 dubs, 5 rabbits 2 passats and a mk2 jetta, only one of which is running right now. just got my 93 VR Passat running. also bagged_datsun has an 84 GTI. and there are a few other dubs on here as well.

the plans are just for a daily driver! it will be lowered, but not completely slammed :( i know bummer but in northdakota the roads are completly shit n half are gravel.... my 720 is completely slammed on stock suspension, and it rubs on everything known to man up here lol so plans for rabbnit are lower a couple inches, tint, a system, and get the motor working very reliabl to get good gas milage and decent power :) this motor was just rebuilt about 1500 miles ago, but never replaced turbo, so that is wats holdin me back from driving it... im guna order the rebuild kit as soon as i get money

the plans are just for a daily driver! it will be lowered, but not completely slammed :( i know bummer but in northdakota the roads are completly shit n half are gravel.... my 720 is completely slammed on stock suspension, and it rubs on everything known to man up here lol so plans for rabbnit are lower a couple inches, tint, a system, and get the motor working very reliabl to get good gas milage and decent power :) this motor was just rebuilt about 1500 miles ago, but never replaced turbo, so that is wats holdin me back from driving it... im guna order the rebuild kit as soon as i get money

i have a set or neuspeed springs with bilstine struts i just pulled off my car you might be interested in not much lower then stock but ride really nice

well i dropt m turbo off at a local diesel shop to be rebuilt!!! should have done it like 3 weeks ago n been driving it by now but i am kinda lazy! so he quoted me $250 labor, and prolly $100 for the rebuild kit, so does 350 for a rebuilt turbo sound bad? or is that about right? i wish i could do this work myself, but for a daily drive i want to be damn sure its guna last a while! i want to build a go cart or a sand rail with a lil turboed motor i can tinker with:) so i will learn then... post back up when it gets installed :)cant wait!

• 2 weeks later...

the shop that is doin my turbo called me the other day n said they opened it up, and to fix it it would be about 1200$ and they can get me a re man for 950$...... but i am strapped for money right now, so i am going to go against my better half and order a cheap ebay one for the time being :( atleast till i can afford a quality one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

well we did get the turbo on a few weeks ago. got about 1300 miles on it now. all those miles were intown miles. ran great no problems! well today my dad took it on a 400 mile round trip. it is his car now so he has put on all those miles. well he got the 200 miles there, called me said it was runiing great and absolutley no problems! he was so happy! and i was glad for him. called me like an hour later. like 5 minutes ago, said he thinks it just spun a rod :( he is pretty upset righ now, so i gota go pick him up. feel pretty bad for him cuz he was so damn proud of that little thing, and its his only car as his truck is in the shop right now getting fixed. so it will be a couple weeks till he has a vehicle again. poor guy. well i gota go guys, just thought i would update.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm the same screen name over on the Vortex and the 152.

I have a very rare stable of parts but have sold most of my cars. The oldest and longest project is currently my 77 Inari Silver with Heron Motor. Someday She'll be done. Not a diesel guy but anything else, hit me up. I got it all and if I don't I can find it.

• 5 months later...