510 wiring diagrams

mswit209

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brake lights arnt working.

Ck the swithc underneatht the pedal. One side shoulf have 12volts on it. If NOT then go to the fuse box and ck the horn fuse. Best yet just replace it. if still dont work look under the fuse box mayb the wire is corrodid.

Remember this is if there is no 12volts at the switch. that means between switch and fuse box. if you have 12volts then its near the back.

• Like 1

I used a combonation of several differant wiring diagrams to re-wire my 510 wagon...I found that none of the 7 diagrams I used were flawless...each one was wrong in some way or another(colors, location, positive or ground was wrong on some aspect).

to make matters worse, most of the grounds on my car were burned up and alot of the positives as well...a nightmare to work with when you haven't ever really worked on a datsun before, and trying to swap in an engine.

my reccomendation is to get as many wiring diagrams as possible(chilton, mitchell, user made, ect), and piece it together.

• 2 weeks later...

hainz, I've been on here looking to see if I could help anyone and saw this and I think you just helped me fix a long time problem. big time thanks! didn't even think of the horn fuse, but totally makes sense. (only 2 things triggered from inside the car that work when the key is off, besides lights.)

brake lights arnt working.

Ck the swithc underneatht the pedal. One side shoulf have 12volts on it. If NOT then go to the fuse box and ck the horn fuse. Best yet just replace it. if still dont work look under the fuse box mayb the wire is corrodid.

Remember this is if there is no 12volts at the switch. that means between switch and fuse box. if you have 12volts then its near the back.

I dont have a horn so when I got my car back from frank and jeffs the brake lites did not work.

So I went to the swtich under pedal and 12volts should be on one side. well there wasnt. so I traced it cack under the glove box then to the horn fuse and said WTF? I think the wire under neath was corroded off. I cleaned it then used MA flux and solderd the wire back on. then was working ok.

also old fuses break off inside but look still good thru the glass.

Popped a fuse in for the horn = brake lights like magic. win! illustrates a point about this specific thread: The wiring diagram I have shows nothing on the brake light circuit but brake lights. imagine my chagrin......

I dont have a horn so when I got my car back from frank and jeffs the brake lites did not work.

So I went to the swtich under pedal and 12volts should be on one side. well there wasnt. so I traced it cack under the glove box then to the horn fuse and said WTF? I think the wire under neath was corroded off. I cleaned it then used MA flux and solderd the wire back on. then was working ok.

also old fuses break off inside but look still good thru the glass.