79' 620

720mike

Well got the new head gasket on and also had the head surfaced just to be safe. Block looked good. The gasket was crap and was letting coolant in to the exhuast manifold. All in all wasn't to bad of a task. While the head was off i cleaned all the bolts and threads in the block. The hardest thing was getting the cam sprocket off. Damn thing was tight. Anyways just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave input and help. Now I need to sell the pickup. :rolleyes:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I replaced the head gasket on my 74 620 just a few days ago, i used a small nylon rope with a hook on the end. The hook attached to the timing chain and I tied the end of the rope off on the hitch. It worked really slickbiggrin.gif but you will need a second pair of hands to do it this way.

I replaced the head gasket on my 74 620 just a few days ago, i used a small nylon rope with a hook on the end. The hook attached to the timing chain and I tied the end of the rope off on the hitch. It worked really slickbiggrin.gif but you will need a second pair of hands to do it this way.