84 300zx ??

okay so i think i will have a 84 300zx n/a with a 5 speed coming this week i hope. now i see it has the 4 bolt steel rims on it so i would geuss it has rear disks? how hard is it to run the brakes and or struts in my 510? i see most guys run the 82 280z struts/brakes. now i hope to use as much as i can off the 300 as possible motor/tran/ecu and what ever else i can use. any ony know what will all work or where i might find info on it?

thanx

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of the 300zx struts being used, only the 280zx struts, maybe the inserts inside? Perhaps the 300zx front brakes will swap onto the 280zx struts?

Rear brakes are disc. Diff is R-200 way way to much overkill for a 510.

Be sure to get the drive shaft. IIRC there were 3 different drive shaft splines used on the 300zx so the 510 spline may not work.

you think the rear end is to much even with the vg30 from the 300? if it work out for me i should have the whole 300zx for parts its a runner right now just a little ruff inside. i would like to use as much as i can off it since it will be all there before i scrap the car

Avoid the driveshaft if you can use others. The z31 shafts are not servicable from the factory. You would need a driveline shop to alter it to accept servicable u joints. The diff is more than likely an open diff, but that can be verified either by doin some research on z31.coms fiche or entering that car in azbum's registry. http://www.thezregistry.com/

the 84 seems to have a 3.71 open diff from what zbums site says.

it seems that mike says a 300 rotor/caliper will fit the 510 in a couple of spots on the 9 pages of reading :wacko: my eyes are sore from all the reading lol