VG33E/5-speed Swap for Datsun 510 Plug and Play!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete Turn-Key VG33E 5-speed Swap

engine1.jpg?t=1265517543

For Sale: Complete, turn key VG33E engine swap for a Datsun 510. This engine is a 2004 Nissan Xterra VG33E that has 5,000 original miles on it. This is a full, turn key swap complete with wiring, etc. No smoke, no noises, no leaks! Full plug and play setup into a 68-73 510! There is nothing to figure out, I have done all the work!

IMG_1978.jpg?t=1265518597

passheader.jpg?t=1265518658

headers1.jpg?t=1265518728

passheader2.jpg?t=1265518796

Here is a list of the complete conversion:

1. 2004 Nissan Xterra VG33E engine (5,000 miles)

• 200SX Intake Manifold, with 60mm throttle body. All EGR ports welded and smoothed with no unnecessary bungs or bosses

• “Team Thump” custom 5 quart oil pan

• “Team Thump” motor mounts

• Nissan Competition “Euro” cams (.392”/264°)

• Fully detailed with stainless hardware and powder coated valve covers

• Custom exhaust headers, ceramic coated and TIG welded

• 85 Amp Xterra alternator

• Xterra starter (much smaller than a standard VG starter—lighter too!)

• Oil filter moved from driver’s side to passenger side (early VG filter)

• Modified water necks for cooling system, heater hoses connect to stock 510 heater

• K&N air filter, stainless intake, and custom throttle cable (I will throw in the throttle pedal too!)

2. S12 5-speed transmission

3. Fully sorted, plug and play EFI wiring harness

4. New clutch (1,500 miles)

5. OEM VR-6 radiator/hoses with custom aluminum radiator cover, electric fan, and overflow bottle

6. Any other associated drivetrain parts, driveshaft, shifter, exhaust (to rear of transmission), etc. If it is related to this engine swap, you will get it.

7. A huge pile of VG-related spare parts also comes with this setup including an Infiniti M30 wiring harness/ECU!

This swap has provided me several summers of fun, but it is time to do something different with my 510. If you have a 510 project that is looking for a highly detailed, and sorted out engine conversion, this conversion will save you months (years?) of time and dollars. You can have this installed in a weekend!

$1950 Located in Corvallis, Oregon

Call Eric at 971.244.3095

Very interested... you have a pm.

Thanks

Joel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.