Lense cover for blast cabinet

mklotz70

I came across a mention of this while surfing...thought I'd try it. I got a yard of clear 16ga(they had thicker and thinner) vinyl from Jo-Ann fabrics this morning for $5. I ended up getting 6 covers out of it. I simply used packing tape to hold it on.....didn't see any reason to use double sided tape since it always lets loose anyway. The normal acetate covers are typically about $8 for 3 ....or $2.66ea and I have to go to Portland to get them. These worked out to .83ea and there's a Jo-Ann's within 5mi. The left over piece is just right to use as a cover for my cheap blasting hood. :)

100_2033.jpg

100_2034.jpg

100_2035.jpg

100_2036.jpg

100_2037.jpg

100_2038.jpg

100_2041.jpg

100_2043.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been fiendishly jealous of your blast cabinet for months, but as I still don't have one, could you clarify a couple things for me?

From what I'm getting here, you sort of got two birds with one stone. The thick vinyl is being used to line the inside of the blast cabinet window, and the extra you used on your blast hood? Too further clarify, you don't actually use these two items at the same time, right? The hood is used for 'open air' sandblasting and such?

Sorry if I sound stupid, you are light years ahead of me and sometimes what is obvious to you takes me a month to figure out...

that looks pretty slick Mike im going to have to get in on that!

I'll be curious to see how well it holds up to a more aggressive media.....let us know! :)

I've been fiendishly jealous of your blast cabinet for months, but as I still don't have one, could you clarify a couple things for me?From what I'm getting here, you sort of got two birds with one stone. The thick vinyl is being used to line the inside of the blast cabinet window, and the extra you used on your blast hood? Too further clarify, you don't actually use these two items at the same time, right? The hood is used for 'open air' sandblasting and such?Sorry if I sound stupid, you are light years ahead of me and sometimes what is obvious to you takes me a month to figure out...

You are correct...the hood is for open air blasting. :)