Those with shaved/smoothed cowls...

Nissan_Boy85

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both my 620 & HB have shaved cowls. Didnt re-direct any fresh air ducts/did'nt feel the need to worry about it. I have no problem with fresh air coming into the cab with the windows rolled up in the HB. Doesnt matter on the 620..........it's topless.

There really isnt any other quality location.

Engine bay- sure, if you want a permanent heater.

Inner fender- possible, but itll get a lot of shit built up from the road

Of course if its just a cover, and it doesnt completely seal the inlet, you will still get some air from any opening around the cowl. If it is a fully shaved (welded) cowl, you might want to consider a line of holes drilled just behind the hood on the vertical surface. Wont be teribbly visible and is close to fresh air..but may still have some of the down sides direct to engine bay has

You really are an smartass, arent you PCD?

Ummm ok..you asked a question i gave my response. How was i a smartass ? Ive helped numerous people on this site both in person & through responses. Your the 1st person to say that.

let me quote you...........

1st post...."I got a cowl that I'm lookin to shave"

4th post......."

"It's not gonna be welded"

How do you plan on shaving a cowl without welding up the vents in it?

Please help clarify this...maybe my english skills arent up to par with yours.

I didn't mean for that to be offencive or anything PCD...the topless 620 not having fresh air problems with a shaved cowl struck me as kinda funny. Didn't mean anything by it. Sorry.

By welded I took it as the vents were covered/welded over and smoothed and the gaps in between the fender and cowl were going to be smoothed over and made to look like one big piece. Simple mis-communication. Sorry.

I didn't mean for that to be offencive or anything PCD...the topless 620 not having fresh air problems with a shaved cowl struck me as kinda funny. Didn't mean anything by it. Sorry.

By welded I took it as the vents were covered/welded over and smoothed and the gaps in between the fender and cowl were going to be smoothed over and made to look like one big piece. Simple mis-communication. Sorry.

Ahhh ok no worries my friend. I actually did that mod on my HB back in the day. Looked good but if you ever have to remove either fender...your kinda screwed :D :unsure:

Was thinkin about doin this to the Pumpkn, but ran into the same issues in the planning of it. I was thinkin that you have a fan to power the air flow so you wouldnt need a really huge opening. Therefore you could cut down the vent area by %50 or more without too many adverse effects. Or even cooler you could cut out all of them and put in a patch pannel with a design cut out of it(Ratsun logos, year and model,ect) You could back it with a screen door screen t9o keep it clean without too much extra work. What you think of that?