exp roadster LSD help needed!!

jesusno2

I need some help from some experianced roadster guys. I have a lsd from a roadster I'm trying to install in my 510 wagon diff. The old nissan comp book is telling me their was 2 different lsd carriers made. One for the 3.7 and 3.9 and one for 4.38 and up. Well I have tried this unit in my alloy 3.9 housing and it won't fit. I got a steel 4.38 housing also but it still won't fit. The ring gear is a train wreck with the pinion with both gear sets. Any of you roadster guys know if a 190 third member is different than a wagon or truck third member? Is the pinion offset? I'm totally stumped here. And I'd like to find a simple solutuion before I go machining on a very expensive part.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some help from some experianced roadster guys. I have a lsd from a roadster I'm trying to install in my 510 wagon diff. The old nissan comp book is telling me their was 2 different lsd carriers made. One for the 3.7 and 3.9 and one for 4.38 and up. Well I have tried this unit in my alloy 3.9 housing and it won't fit. I got a steel 4.38 housing also but it still won't fit. The ring gear is a train wreck with the pinion with both gear sets. Any of you roadster guys know if a 190 third member is different than a wagon or truck third member? Is the pinion offset? I'm totally stumped here. And I'd like to find a simple solutuion before I go machining on a very expensive part.

PM rc240c. Ron races roadster and might know or you could sell it for $700 and do something else :D

Ok well here's what i got. So i found my calipers, and started measuring. my 3.9 carrier is 30mm from center pin to ring gear face. My 4.38 carrier is the same, and my lsd carrier is 26mm to the ring gear face. soooo, according to the nissan comp book this would be for a 4.38 and up. Well either the book is wrong, or their is different 4.38 carriers! My options are machine the lsd, or find a roadster guy that will trade me for the other style. I'm guessing that this carrier i got is for 4.88 and up ratios that use a much thinner ring gear.

lsd.jpg