250k miles +rust belt +nyc roads = chew toy

When I went to LI to get my seats I noticed the exhaust got slightly louder. It was raining/snowing/sleeting so I said I'll check it when I get a chance. Then it was like 10 degrees for days. I went to my girls art show in BK and coming back after I hit a huge ditch of a pot hole it got a a good deal louder. Doing 75 on the FDR at 3k rpms I had to like yell over the noise. Then coming home from 9 ball championship last thurs I SLAMMED into like a sinkhole and the exhaust was full on open header loud lol. I went under to see wth was going on and this is what I found.

exhaust003.jpg

The top is the semi rusted pacesetters due to their garbage coating, like a year old. The bottom is the original flange just totally chew toyed up. I like how the o2 threads rusted and it just blew out the side lol. Good times.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? lol Idk It went FDR in the late 40's before I was an itch in my daddy's pants so, I'm left out on that one. I'm with you on that AoA though, I really dislike named aves, they are all numbers to me.

People argue it with me all the time too, esp immigrant cabi's that have been here like a week. You mean ave of the americas? No I means 6th. It's between 5th and 7th, it's 6th lol.

I fixed it btw. tried SIX parts stores for a simple flat 3/8 2&1/8th 2 bolt exhaust flange. NOOOOOO one had it or could get it for 3 days. To top that off 2 of them told me they had it and when I got there tried to hand me a stamped one.

Soooo I said f-it and cut my cat out then cut the 2&1/4 flange off. Made a bushing by sectioning a pieces of the 1&1/4 pipe. Shortened the pipe after the exhaust so is exits right before the rear wheel instead of into it since the cat was gone. Welded it all up and called it a day lol.

May actually make money fixing it too since I can cash the cat it.

Sounds soooo much quieter now but beefy with that clogged cat gone.

:fu: parts stores BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

exhausthell004.jpg