couple questions need opinions

hey guys have a couple questions for you all.

1. how can i find out if a fuel pressure regulator is good without hooking everything up and come to find out its no good??

2. i have duel webers that are leaking where they meet the manifold wheres the best place to get them in socal area??

3. my defroster sucks balls where should i start on fixing that??

driving with only about six inches of the bottom windsheild to see out of blows. haha

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#3 either not enough air, or not enough hot water.

Air:

Check the top of the heater core for a squirrel nest or leaves, dirt or any crap that can get into the air plenum below the wipers up front. I've found mice with a nest made from the woolly fibers from the sound deadner under the carpet.

Is the fan well connected and getting full voltage so it spins at maximum speed? Is there a good ground connection between the body and the negative terminal on the battery? Fan belt loose and alt not putting out a full 14 volts to the electrical system?

Are the vent controls working and allowing only hot air to circulate? Are the doors sealing properly or leaking air? Are the defrost hoses secure?

Hot Water:

Is the water shut off valve connected to the heater controls? Is it fully open? Is the core partly clogged with sediment? Is your thermostat stuck open and not allowing the motor to warm up to operating temp?

Check fan belt, tighten or replace. Replace alternator with one with higher output. Check fuse connections are clean and tight.

Remove heater hoses at the block and run a garden hose through the core in both directions until water runs clear.

for the regulator I have never heard of a way to test off the car don't know if you can just put a hose on it and blow or add pressure some way to see if it works with a guage

in so cal I think there is fast freddy's or top end performance or any shop that deals with weber parts like old VW or european car places. I think you can try pierce manifolds in gilroy for parts or toysport

check your heater valve under the dash on the drivers side to see if it is open or is it leaking. also if the motor blows strong check the ducts to see if they are connected or not broken. I recently rebuilt my heater system by changing the valve cleaning the unit of leaves and checking all cables work and now it is pretty toasty at times.