Two things, one happy, one amazing

HRH

So today, before work, I pulled into the Conoco to fill up, and as I walked in to pre-pay an older gentleman asked what year my truck was. And I said, it's a '93. And then he asked, when did they stop making those? And I said, '97. And he said, oh, I haven't seen one of those in a while, with the Datsun emblem on the front. And so I explained the whole selling in Japan with the Datsun 4x4 moniker though retaining Nissan badges, but it was amusing not only to get a compliment on the truck, but that I fooled him into thinking it was older than it was, with the Datsun badge up front! :D

Second, I ordered my T3 camber plates with needle-bearing tops for the 510. They're shipped today, apparently supposed to arrive Friday, which is my day off! Score! Although I won't hold my breath in case they don't make it until Saturday, but damn I'm excited! I'll be sure to take pictures of the old cracked rubber and the new improved camber plates and the resulting installation. Did you get yours yet Skib?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw, shouldn't take more than an hour to get the setup on. Hell, I'm down to 10 minutes per side for yanking the struts off! Probably will get a late start if they show up midday though. And I might take my sweet ass time...we shall see.

Well, the only good thing about today was the parts came! They look sexy, and they ARE caster adjustable, which they didn't look in the pictures, so they're everything the GC set it, but cheaper. Look very nice to me. Here's the pics. Don't think I'm going to try and install them tonight. I'll wait until tomorrow.

t3plate1.jpg

t3plate2.jpg

t3plate3.jpg

Yes, those are needle bearing top spring hats! :) Ooooo!