Rear Coilover Possibility?

Danfinny

Alright so a friend told me that ford mustang springs would work on the rear of the 510...well what about these...

they have the same mounting place.. not sure of the bottom bushing size but thats easy to modify they say they are for 79-04 mustangs... they are also Hundres less than the overpriced ones we have availible...

f43b_35.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so a friend told me that ford mustang springs would work on the rear of the 510...well what about these...

they have the same mounting place.. not sure of the bottom bushing size but thats easy to modify they say they are for 79-04 mustangs... they are also Hundres less than the overpriced ones we have availible...

f43b_35.gif

the overpriced ones we have available?! what's over priced? the ones Im finding are just around the same ballpark. and you're not even including the fab work involved to make them fit. What would be the gain over something designed for the 510? is there something specific these have that the ones avail don't?

I'm not considering Fab work in. i talking if its a bolt in maybe have to change a bushing. these things are $250 as compaired to what $399-$500... that all. i know the ones made for the datsun work great. i not saying there bad. just priced high because there are not many options for us. I'm half considering making my own.

I ran rear mustang shocks on my first 510 and there was an issue with the body of the shock being to long and the shock shaft not being really that long, I cant remember if I was bottoming the shock out and lifting the inside tire because of not having enough droop or compression... thays why I didnt explore it any further and ended up with Troys rear coilovers

Clayton

They 510 rear shock mounting points in the sheet metal may not be strong enough, or maybe it is.

there have been 2??? recent recorded failures of the R arm, only 1 at the mount and the other was w/o CO.

its a 35+ YO part. easily reinforced, for racing, etc.

those are more like a helper spring, They dont have a stiff enough spring rate

because of the price would it almost be worth it to get different springs?

i like the look and ability of these over lowering blocks.

and they are made for towing, wouldnt that make it so they were stiffer?

just looking for input on these. seem too good in price to work, but i would love to be right

because of the price would it almost be worth it to get different springs?

i like the look and ability of these over lowering blocks.

and they are made for towing, wouldnt that make it so they were stiffer?

just looking for input on these. seem too good in price to work, but i would love to be right

I had that idea for running them as a rear coilover, i got them to check out and you could compress them pretty easy